Doctoral candidates and students from other countries who are interested in conducting research can submit an application for a study grant to the International Office. There is a limited amount of financing available for this purpose from both the State of Bavaria and the DAAD.
The deadline to submit an application for the Winter Semester is on the 31st of August, and the deadline for the Summer Semester is on the 28th of February. There is no maximum number of semesters that can be covered by any of the grants.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Many people believe that the University of Bayreuth is one of the educational institutions that holds the highest level of prestige in the all of Germany. The institution has established a sterling reputation for the provision of academic programs that are focused on research and are regarded as being among the very finest in their respective domains. The University of Bayreuth is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world. This is largely because to the university’s state-of-the-art facilities as well as the extraordinary credentials of its teaching staff. It has become a center for innovation that bridges the gap between the natural sciences, the humanities, and the technological world. The core faculties of the university are as follows: the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science; the Faculty of Engineering Science; the Faculty of Biology, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences; the Faculty of Languages and Literatures; the Faculty of Life Sciences; the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; the Faculty of Law, Business, and Economics; and the Faculty of Life Sciences.
The educational establishment offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and executive education programs in order to accommodate both students attending the school full-time and working professionals. The University of Bayreuth is extremely proud of the cutting-edge research centers that it has built so that more in-depth studies can be conducted. These centers collaborate with all of the other centers and faculties that use an interdisciplinary strategy to run their operations, and they do so in close conjunction with one another. In addition, the federal and state governments of Germany, in addition to the university, have collaborated on the research initiative referred to as the “Excellence Strategy.” In addition, it maintains connections with a variety of educational institutions as well as research organizations for the objectives of technology transfer and activities that involve collaborative research. The institution maintains connections with local firms in order to accomplish its goal of conducting research that is more focused on the market.
International students attend the University of Bayreuth, which is located in Bayreuth, Germany. These students are from a variety of nations. There are around 13,329 students, 238 teaching staff members, and 2,462 administrative and support staff members registered at that institution. In addition, both the teaching staff and the administrative personnel are made up of people hailing from a wide variety of countries and ethnicities. Student exchanges and opportunities to study in other countries are made possible by the institution’s collaboration with a number of other universities located in different nations. It is not uncommon for illustrious academics to visit our campus from other highly regarded educational institutions in order to provide guest lectures here. The University of Bayreuth is a microcosm of the world because it contains a student body, teaching staff, administrative workers, and alumni from all over the world.
At the University of Bayreuth, where both high-tech laboratories and studios as well as libraries and computer labs are kept up to date, an innovative instructional program is supported by these facilities. In addition, the institution makes available to its students a variety of skill development programs, the goals of which are to cultivate an aptitude for the technical practices that are prevalent today. In addition to this, it has a placement cell that assists students in locating internships and job opportunities that fit their interests and qualifications. At the University of Bayreuth, both the academic workload and the chances for personal growth and development that are made available to students are consistently well-balanced. A range of establishments, such as a sports arena, a gymnasium, a theater, and convenience stores, may be found on the site. The establishment acts as a hub for artistic endeavors and gives pupils the chance to showcase their skills by providing them with performance opportunities. On campus, events that are commonly organized include athletic competitions, dance, music, and theater performances, film screenings, and festivals. These types of events are designed to encourage involvement from students studying a wide variety of academic subjects. The mental and physical well-being of those who work at the university, both on the teaching and administrative sides, is and will continue to be the primary focus of the organization.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Bayreuth
Scholarship Country: Germany
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- There is a limited amount of financing available for this purpose from both the State of Bavaria and the DAAD.
- There is no maximum number of semesters that can be covered by any of the grants.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates for this scholarship are expected to meet the following qualifying conditions in order to be considered eligible for the scholarship.
- You can be a student from any country in the world by becoming an international student.
- Required to be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited institution full-time.
- must be in possession of a certificate for a master’s degree.
- Participants are required to sign up for a PhD research study program.
- Enrollment certificate
- Motivational letter to the employer
- Photos of both the front and back of your passport and your residence permit
- (Form) Letter of Recommendation from the Professor Who Is Guiding Your Research at the University of Bayreuth
- Detailed account of the doctoral research, together with its schedule
- Formal acknowledgment and signature of the signer’s commitment to reimburse payments in the event that a request for naturalization is made.
- You must provide evidence of the final grade you earned in your master’s program.
The University of Bayreuth 2023-2024 DAAD Scholarships for international students awarded, Germany is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application, please visit the University of Bayreuth’s website at www.international-office.uni-bayreuth.de.
- Only applications that are complete can be processed, and applications that are incomplete have to be dismissed right away. The submission of papers at a later date is not permitted under any circumstances!
- You need to make sure that your letter of motivation meets all of the following requirements before submitting it:
- motivation at work, grades attained (one’s current standing), goals and perspectives (about one’s education and professional advancement), etc.
- social engagement
The application deadline for the University of Bayreuth 2023-2024 DAAD Scholarships for International Students Awarded, Germany is February 28, 2024.