Under the auspices of the Institute of Art and Law, where he served as the academic principal, Norman Palmer was responsible for delivering untold numbers of hours of teaching to a student body numbering in the hundreds. His sage advice and insatiable intellectual curiosity resulted in the production of a number of influential publications, such as Palmer on Bailment, Art Loans, and Museums and the Holocaust, in addition to dozens of articles in the field of art and cultural property law. His work is considered to be among the best in its field.
As a barrister, he specialized in the areas of cultural items, personal property, commercial law, and conflict resolution, particularly the mediation of disputes over cultural objects. In addition, he was licensed to practice commercial law. His clientele consisted of various levels of government, as well as local authorities, cultural organizations, religious bodies, indigenous groups, museum curators, art collectors, art dealers, transporters, and insurance companies. His expertise, insight, and comprehension of the subject matter, in addition to his passion for it, were unrivaled; his legacy at Queen Mary is the LLM program in Art, Business, and Law.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Queen Mary campus in London is a rare find because it is one of the few places in the city where students do not have to commute to class. Spitalfields, Brick Lane, and Columbia Road are all part of the East End, which is known for its abundance of ethnic restaurants, stores, and markets where tourists and locals may interact with one another. This neighborhood is also known for having Spitalfields. You will receive a genuine experience of what it is like to live in London in the twenty-first century (literally!).
The institution is a well-liked option for students who are required to take courses from a variety of departments because of the extensive breadth and depth of its subject matter offerings. You will notice a unique international flavor on campus due to the fact that Queen Mary attracts students from all over the world. This will enhance both your academic and social experiences while you are there. This higher education institution in the United Kingdom is 31 years old and has a rigorous admissions process that is based on entrance examinations as well as previous academic records and ratings. It is open to students from any part of the world to submit an application for admission. At Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), students have access to a variety of resources, including a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. Queen Mary University has established a deliberate commitment to high-quality research by investing in facilities on the cutting edge of their respective professions, as well as by recruiting the most accomplished academics from around the world in their respective fields.
In the most recent evaluation of research excellence in UK universities, Queen Mary University was ranked as having world-class research, and another 52 percent of the university’s research was ranked as being internationally excellent. The university’s students and faculty come from more than 160 different countries and cultures. Along with courses and research in science and engineering, the university also provides instruction and study in the areas of the arts, social sciences, law, medicine, and dentistry. Queen Mary University of London, which may be found in an area of east London that is both artistically and culturally varied, has a long-standing dedication to the creation of new knowledge and the expansion of existing knowledge through engagement with the general public.
The educational establishment takes great pleasure in both the diversity of its student body and the help it provides for the local community. This support includes initiatives to increase educational opportunities and alleviate poverty in London. The primary campus of Queen Mary may be found at Mile End, which is located in the east end of London. It is the location of the majority of the university’s teaching facilities, in addition to the primary library and a number of residential halls. Research in medicine and the sciences are the primary activities carried out at the nearby Whitechapel campus. East London is advantageous not only because it is less expensive than other locations but also because it is next to trendy districts such as Shoreditch and Brick Lane. This makes East London a desirable location. In addition to being home to the counterculture, this region has a long history of serving as a cultural melting pot for people from all over the world.
The city of London is the capital of the United Kingdom and is home to over 8 million people. It possesses a diversified civilization, with different attitudes, dialects, and practices existing in different parts of the country. Over one hundred thousand foreign students attending 43 different institutions call the city home. The city’s world-famous museums, restaurants, parks, cultural offerings, and nightlife draw in fifteen million tourists each year. The primary campus of Queen Mary, University of London can be found at the east part of the city. Queen Mary is the third largest institution that makes up the University of London.
It is one of the research universities that makes up the Russell Group and was established in the year 1785. Queen Mary University has a solid reputation on the international stage due to the fact that more than 3,000 of its 16,000 students come from more than 150 countries. Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry are both well-known for their work in the fields of medical education and research. Queen Mary University of London is home to the world’s largest academic health science center. The Queen Mary’s Medical School is home to a number of specialized departments, including dentistry, cardiology, and infectious diseases as well as surgery. The relocation of the School of Dentistry to brand-spanking-new, state-of-the-art facilities occurred not too long ago.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Mary University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Waiver of a third of the total tuition cost.
- The scholarships will not be paid out to the successful candidate directly; rather, they will be deducted from the total amount that you owe for your student fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- All of the qualifying requirements listed below must be met in order for applicants to be considered.
- For the LLM in Art, Business, and the Law, you are need to have either a conditional or an unconditional offer (please note that this is a specific programme of study, it does not apply to those who are applying for any of the other LLM programmes)
- You have to be enrolled as a full-time student.
- You have the option of either having a UK fees status or an international fees status.
- You are not allowed to receive funding from any other source at this time.
- The recipients of this scholarship will be those individuals who, based on the following criteria, we feel to have successfully proved their argument for why they should be awarded a scholarship;
- Academic merit
- Accomplishments in the working world (if any)
- Financial need
- All of the aforementioned material needs to be included in the required personal statement, and it needs to be a response to the text that is provided in the part below under “How to apply.”
The QMUL 2023 Norman Palmer Partial Scholarship for International Students is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- To submit an application for this scholarship, please fill out and sign the online application form (the link to which can be found at the bottom of this page) and include a statement with a maximum of one thousand words addressing the following questions:
- ‘Please explain why you want to study the Art, Business and Law LLM at Queen Mary University of London, specifying the modules you have a particular interest in. Consider what you will bring to the programme and why you feel you should be awarded a scholarship, focusing on your academic and professional achievements (if relevant), any courses or events offered by the Institute of Art & Law that you may have completed or attended, and financial need.”
- In addition to the required personal statement that was discussed earlier, we also request the submission of the following documents together with your application for the program. It is imperative that all of these documents be submitted through the Queen Mary application portal.
- Your law school transcripts as well as any other legal certifications you may possess.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- 1 x reference letter
- Scholarship applications that are either incomplete, erroneous, or sent late will not be accepted or processed.
- The results of each applicant’s application will be sent to them by email around the 25th of May, 2023 at the latest. Regarding this matter, I kindly ask that you wait to be contacted.
The application deadline for QMUL 2023 Norman Palmer Partial Scholarship for International Students is May 1, 2023.