Scholarships under the Research Training Program (RTP) are offered by the Australian government to both domestic and overseas students who are pursuing research-based doctoral and master’s degrees.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Because of its stellar reputation in the Indo-Pacific region, Monash University attracts students from all over the world. If there were a vote to determine the “greatest university in the world,” it’s likely that Monash would come out on top. One of the greatest universities in the world, it has been strongly encouraged to join the Russell Group. We can make the world a better place if we all stay in touch with our old classmates and spread the knowledge we’ve gained. We’re trying to fix a lot of problems, like the worsening climate crisis, corrupt politicians, and hazardous neighborhoods.
These are just a few examples of the issues we’re working to address. Our four campuses are situated on land that was traditionally occupied by the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung, two indigenous Australian peoples who are also part of the Kulin Nation. We have purchased a number of properties in Malaysia, China, India, and Italy for Indonesia’s first international university. Locations in Indonesia are being considered for this campus. There are more than 85,000 students enrolled this year from 160 different countries, and more than 420,000 people in our network of alumni. The vast majority of our students fall into the “A” or “B” range.
We are ranked #48 by both U.S. News & World Report and Times Higher Education among the finest colleges in the world. We have a lot to be proud of, what with being a part of the prestigious Group of Eight and an AAU charter school and all. These improvements allow our university to compete with the best in the world. All that we’ve accomplished thus far is evidence that our generation has faced these challenges head-on. If we are to meet the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, we must drastically cut carbon emissions, and that date has been set for 2030. Our commitment to the SDGs includes setting an example for other Australian institutions to follow when it comes to energy conservation. These tenets demonstrate our commitment to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Because many of the faculty at Monash University are also conducting cutting-edge research, the courses offered there are both internationally relevant and practically relevant.
Because to developments like MOOCs, microcredentials, and professional development, today’s students have more opportunities than ever to shape their education and careers. Our customers are provided with numerous options and the independence to pursue any course they see fit. The individuals who have made our towns and cities their homes have inspired us to find novel approaches to increasing civic pride. This goal is intrinsically linked to our efforts to raise living standards in the area. The three campuses that make up Monash University Australia are all within reasonable driving distance of Melbourne’s city center. Melbourne is routinely ranked as one of the world’s greatest places to live by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Melbourne is ranked as one of the world’s top five cities here. Melbourne, Australia’s climate, cutting-edge infrastructure, and thriving culture and environment have earned it great praise from objective institutions like the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. If you need to see an example citation, go to [Citation needed]. The widespread belief is that Melbourne’s unbelievable abundance of amenities is what has drawn these people here
At Monash University, more than half of the campuses are within a half-hour’s drive of the water. In less than three hours, you can be at the beach or one of Victoria’s numerous world-class ski resorts from the Monash University campus. Students may be able to take use of Melbourne’s urban amenities, such as its trendy restaurants and nightlife, as well as its outdoor ones, like its parks, wineries, and beaches. Therefore, Melbourne is a great place to call home for the foreseeable future. You can experience all four seasons in Melbourne, unlike in most other Australian cities.
It’s important to remember that there’s more to Monash than just class. When you join a club, you get to socialize, learn something new, and experiment with different activities. All sorts of student support services and more than 150 different student groups and clubs are available to new students throughout Orientation week. This facilitates friendship-making and a smoother transition to high school for freshmen. Temporary lodging can be found in one of our three thousand bed residence halls or elsewhere on campus through Monash Residential Services. With our help, you can locate a suitable apartment or house.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Monash University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- RTP Fees Offset compensates for the expenses associated with:
- The cost of the student’s course tuition, as well as one Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) coverage that covers all international students.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You must fit one of these categories:
- Australian national
- a citizen of New Zealand
- a permanent resident of Australia
- Australian citizen with humanitarian visa
- a university student from abroad
- You must fulfill the following requirements:
- Meet the requirements for admission to a research degree (only for domestic students); International students must also meet the criteria for Monash’s competitive scholarship selection procedure.
- satisfy Monash’s standards for English language competency.
- Please take note that RTP Fees-Offsets cannot be transferred between institutions of higher learning.
- Only those international students who have successfully completed a rigorous selection process will be given an RTP Fees-Offset. The awarding of Monash scholarships is highly competitive and is determined on your academic record, any published research, and past research experience.
- A RTP Fees Offset is given to any domestic student starting a graduate research degree at Monash.
- Please make sure you are familiar with the terms and benefits as outlined in the policy and procedures if you are granted an RTP Fees-Offset.
The Monash University 2023 Research Training Program (RTP) Fees-Offset is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- How to make use of it:
- Please fill out the application form for the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship that is attached, and then email it along with any supporting paperwork to the ARC Training Centre for Biofilm Research and Innovation at [email protected].
- Send an email to [email protected] to contact the ARC Training Centre for Biofilm Research and Innovation and ask them any questions you have about the amazing scholarship opportunity they have available.
- It is imperative that you take note of the fact that in order to obtain the scholarship, successful scholarship applicants must simultaneously apply for and be accepted to an HDR candidacy at Flinders University. Applying for a Higher Degree Through Research provides further information, which can be found here.
- In the event that an applicant is chosen for the scholarship, the application period can end sooner than originally announced. The beginning date of the project will be determined after discussion with the person in charge of the endeavor, and it is anticipated that the successful awardee will go to work as soon as it is practically possible.
The application deadline for the Monash University 2023 Research Training Program (RTP) Fees-Offset is October 31, 2023.