The Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) program at Monash University Malaysia aims to recruit the most talented and accomplished PhD students from around the world so that these students can collaborate with world-class research teams on some of the most pressing issues facing the global community today.
The GEMS initiative will award 15 scholarships year, beginning in 2022 and continuing through 2024. Recipients of these scholarships will receive funding for a total of 39 months. As a result of the fact that each PhD student will be supervised by a team of staff members located in both Malaysia and Australia, the program will involve a paid placement in Australia for a period of up to a year.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Students come to Monash University from all around the Indo-Pacific region because of the university’s stellar reputation in these three areas. In terms of prestige, Monash is right up there with the greatest universities in the world. It is one among the greatest institutions in the world and is a part of the elite Russell Group. We can have a lasting impact on the world by sharing what we’ve learned with others, furthering scholarly curiosity, and maintaining connections with fellow alumni. We’re trying to solve problems like a worsening climate crisis, a lack of stable governments, and unhealthy neighborhoods. These issues are just the tip of the iceberg of others we’re working to address. All four of our campuses are built atop what was traditionally used by the Kulin Nation’s Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people. We have purchased land in Malaysia, China, India, and Italy to establish the first campus of an international educational institution in Indonesia. An Indonesian location is being considered for this campus. We have over 85,000 students from 160 countries enrolled this year, and our alumni network numbers over 420,000. Our entire student body can be classified into these two categories.
According to U.S. News & World Report, we are the 48th best university in the world, while Times Higher Education ranks us as the 64th best university in the world. We were one of the first universities to join the Association of American Universities and are a proud member of the prestigious Group of Eight. The combination of these strengths makes our school competitive with the best in the world. Our generation’s devotion to the concerns listed below is reflected in a number of notable accomplishments. As part of our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals set forth by the United Nations, we plan to eliminate all of our carbon emissions by the year 2030. In addition, we aim to be the first Australian institution to establish an energy reduction objective as part of our efforts to fulfill our SDGs commitment. We are committed to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, of which these are a part. The education that students at Monash receive is unrivaled since it is truly international, has substantial linkages to the real world, and is supervised by professors who are also active researchers in their fields.
Modern students can choose from a wide variety of educational and career pathways, including open online courses, microcredentials, professional development, and many others. Our customers have a lot of freedom of choice among the many options we provide. One of our primary goals is coming up with innovative ways to improve the standard of living for local residents while also increasing the neighborhood’s diversity. Connected to this goal is our effort to better the lives of the people who already call that place home. Australia’s Monash University has several campuses, all of which are situated within easy traveling distance of Melbourne’s central business district and its suburbs. Melbourne has been recognized as a top global city by the EIU on multiple occasions. Melbourne has been ranked as one of the top five cities in the world. The city of Melbourne’s climate, infrastructure, culture, and ecology have recently won praise from impartial bodies including the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. If you need a citation, look here: [Citation needed] Some sources[not cited] claim that these groups have picked out Melbourne because of the city’s superior culture, environment, and safety.
Almost all of Monash’s campuses are within an hour’s drive of the coast, and many are much closer. The beaches and several of Victoria’s most prominent ski resorts are less than three hours away from the Monash University campus. Students may be able to find all they need in Melbourne, from the best in contemporary fashion, cuisine, and entertainment in the city center to national parks, wineries, and beaches on the city’s outskirts. That’s why it makes perfect sense to settle down in Melbourne. The city of Melbourne is one of the few in Australia where visitors may experience all four of Australia’s unique seasons.
Remember that there is much more to Monash University than just classes. The best way to improve your grades, learn new skills, and meet individuals you’ll spend a lot of time with in the future is to join a club or organization. More than 150 student groups, clubs, and organizations, as well as student support services, make themselves available to new students throughout Orientation Week. This facilitates faster peer-to-peer introductions and helps first-year students adjust to school life. Monash Residential Services is available to assist you if you need short-term housing during your time at Monash, whether it be in one of our 3,000 bed residence halls or elsewhere. Finding a place to call home can be difficult, but we’ll help you in any way we can.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Monash University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Under the auspices of the Global Excellence and Mobility scholarship, students will have their tuition costs covered in full for a period of three years and three months (GEMS).
- A living allowance in the amount of RM 2,800 per month for the duration of 27 months in Malaysia.
- A living allowance in the amount of 37,000 Australian Dollars per year for up to a year in Australia.
- A monetary award to compensate expenses incurred during travel to Australia as well as the initial cost of living there.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- To be eligible for GEMS, you need to have a minimum academic qualification that is either a First Class Honours (H1) or an equivalence that is recognized by Monash Malaysia as being equivalent to an H1E.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have the necessary academic background and English language skills.
The Monash University 2023 Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship Programme for Master is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit Monash University online at www.monash.edu.my.
- Applications are required to be submitted using this form and must include the necessary supporting documents:
- Academic transcripts (Certified true copies with grading scales)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal essay outlining the reasons why you believe you would be successful in the GEMS program (300 words)
- Proposals for research on up to two of the most desired research topics
- Evidence that you are proficient in English (Based on Monash University English language requirements)
- Candidates that made the cut will receive an invitation to an interview with the panel.
- Those who were successful in their application will receive a letter titled “Invitation to Apply” with more instructions on how to finish their application.
The application deadline for the Monash University 2023 Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship Programme for Master is December 31, 2022