The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) aspires to increase the number of scholars it funds around the world by inviting those who satisfy the criteria to apply for its fellowship program. The KAS’s scholarship programs have helped pay for the education of thousands upon thousands of people during the duration of the organization’s existence. You should take advantage of the opportunity to apply if you see it.
KAS places a premium on research into governance and international relations in the social sciences, as well as research into innovation and sustainability in economics. Students enrolling in a master’s degree at a recognized university in Uganda or South Sudan are eligible to apply for scholarships through KAS Uganda & South Sudan.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung can trace its roots all the way back to 1955, when the Society for Christian Democratic Educational Work was established as the organization’s forerunner. The name was altered in 1964 after having been initially given in honor of Konrad Adenauer, who served as the first Federal Chancellor. We owe a great deal to Adenauer’s political memory and legacy; his goals and values guide our work and motivate our devotion. We have a lot to be thankful for. This indicates that we are financially and administratively autonomous despite our political affiliation with Germany’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU), which is Germany’s largest political party. As a consequence of this, we are able to carry out our responsibilities without letting our biases or prejudices influence our decisions. Anyone who is in need of our support is more than welcome to come in at any time.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is an organization that promotes liberal democracy and a social market economy in addition to promoting peace, freedom, transatlantic links, and European integration. Its name comes from former German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer. The primary source of funding for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung comes from the government, just like it does for the great majority of other political foundations. Because we are a publicly supported institution in Germany and other countries with a well-defined mission, we have a solid understanding of both the financial implications and the significance of the work that we do.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung acts as a catalyst for the growth and consolidation of the Christian democratic movement all over the world through the vast work that it does in Germany, Europe, and other parts of the world. We look into the historical precedents of contemporary issues and report our findings to influential people in the political, business, and social spheres on both a national and international scale. We offer current assessments as well as guidance that may be put into practice for the issues that exist today. We are a think tank that assists governments in their long-term planning by laying down solid scientific foundations and conducting innovative research in this area. Our capacity to communicate political information to a large number of people is one of the most valuable assets that we possess as a group. In addition, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung provides financial assistance to exceptional young people working in the fields of literature, art, and culture who are applying for grants.
As a think tank with a national and international reach, we have access to a powerful political network. We have put in an incredible amount of effort to ensure that we remain in first place. This calls for consistent introspection, during which we should search for ways in which we might improve ourselves and, if we come across any, make the appropriate adjustments to the way we are behaving in response to them. It is more necessary to keep one’s attention on the most serious concerns than it is to follow the most recent political trends. As a result, we are concentrating our efforts on finding solutions to the fundamental problems of innovation, security, as well as citizen participation and representation.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
Scholarship Country: Uganda
Scholarship Worth: UGX 1,000,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The scholarship will cover the whole cost of education at the institution of higher learning selected for the recipient.
- A scholarship may be renewed if the recipient has met all of the requirements and submitted their work on time.
- In addition, KAS will provide a stipend of one million UGX per semester for each student to go toward the cost of textbooks and other instructional materials.
- All other costs associated with the student’s participation in academic-related activities, such as travel, research, and the like, are the sole responsibility of the student.
- KAS provides numerous opportunities for academics to network with one another and grow as individuals and professionals. Like the creation of term reports that show the participants’ personal and professional growth and their effect on KAS, attendance at these networking events is mandatory.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Ugandan citizens who are less than 35 years old are strongly urged to apply;
- The applicants should have a demonstrated history of commitment and participation with the KAS community as a whole;
- Candidates should have earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher and have a track record that demonstrates academic excellence;
- Applicants are expected to present convincing explanations for why they wish to enroll in the course;
- Priority will be given to those who have either already shown leadership experience or promise;
- Working experience in related program areas and/or participation in social, developmental, and/or political spheres will be given greater weight in the evaluation process;
- Applicants who are able to demonstrate that they are in actual and substantial need of financial help will be given precedence.
- It is strongly recommended that any and all students who are currently enrolled who are eligible to apply and who meet the aforementioned conditions do so. Scholarships are available to prospective students who have not yet been accepted into the institution, despite the fact that the university may wait to provide them until it has confirmed that the student has been accepted into the program.
- A concise cover letter (no more than two pages), in which you explain why you are interested in the post.
- The applicant’s goals and areas of academic interest, as well as the motivations behind their request for funding from KAS;
- Information regarding the applicant’s previous involvement with KAS; a summary of the applicant’s job experience (or political and social activities) and how those experiences relate to the applicant’s intended topic of study
- the applicant’s future professional aspirations and an explanation of how their course of study will assist them in reaching those objectives;
- A curriculum vitae that is both up to date and complete and that is no more than two pages;
- Transcripts from all institutions and universities attended, including those applied to;
- Documentation demonstrating that you have been accepted to a postsecondary institution or that you have made an application for a scholarship;
- It is necessary for you to sign and seal all of your recommendations, regardless of whether they are for academic or professional purposes
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) 2023 Scholarships for Ugandan Students is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- The following is the procedure for submitting your application:
- To submit an application, send an email to [email protected] is recommended that arrangements be made with the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, located at Kampala PO Box 647. Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo, for the delivery or collection of mail. Those who do not pass our criteria will not receive any further communication from us.
- Please visit our website at www.kas.de/uganda, call Ms. Rhona Rugambwa at +256-(0)393-262011/2, or send an email to kas.schola[email protected] if you have any questions about the scholarship.
The application deadline for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) 2023 Scholarships for Ugandan Students is August 30, 2023.