One full scholarship is awarded annually by the Nailekhanim Foundation (Azerbaijan) to a talented female student of any nationality who 1) has submitted her general application to Khazar University (Baku, Azerbaijan) by no later than 15 June 2023 and 2) is committed to pursuing a post-graduate academic degree (either Master’s or Doctoral) at Khazar University.
In honor of Nailekhanim Isayeva, who helped build both Dünya School and Khazar University, a charitable organization by the same name was set up. Both organizations owe a great deal to the dedication and foresight of Nailekhanim, a legendary educator. To honour her dedication to learning, a foundation has been established in her name.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Khazar University was the first private institution of higher education to open its doors in Azerbaijan when it was founded in 1991. The educational system at Khazar is based on a student-centered philosophy, and English is used as the primary medium of instruction. Education is a priority in Khazar, which is why the city has four schools, more than 2,000 students, and more than 200 teaching staff members. A private educational institution that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies, as well as the promotion of advanced study and research, educational policy and development in the Republic of Azerbaijan, Khazar University can be found in the city of Baku. The institution was initially given the name Azerbaijan University when it opened its doors in 1991. Because there was a demand for educated individuals able to communicate effectively in English across the nation, the university only offered instruction in that language. In the year 1992, the Academic Council of the University decided to change the name of the institution to Khazar University.
There are three schools that make up the University. These schools are the School of Science and Engineering, the School of Economics and Management, and the School of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences. The academic departments that make up the university are as follows: Life Sciences, Computer Sciences, Physics and Electronics, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Geography and Environment, Economics and Management, Law, Languages and Literatures, Education, English Language and Literature, History and Archaeology, Music and Fine Arts, Political Science and Philosophy and Psychology.
The internationalization of the university is one of Khazar University’s primary research interests. It has established cooperative partnerships with approximately 46 educational institutions located in 22 countries. Because of this, the system is able to have more room for research and education, which is advantageous for the students who participate in it.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Khazar University
Scholarship Country: Azerbaijan
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The yearly tuition rate.
- Cost of room and board
- allowance paid every mont
- The cost of one round-trip ticket in economy class travelling to and from Azerbaijan
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Female applicant.
- Excellent performance in one’s studies.
- Strong dedication to the academic discipline that was chosen.
- a strong interest in both advanced academic study and higher levels of education.
- Send your application to [email protected] by the due date of June 27, 2023 at the latest (please mention “Nailekhanim Foundation’ Scholarship Application” in the subject line of your email). The following expenses are taken care of by the Nailekanim Foundation Scholarship:
- The selection of the recipient of the Nailekhanim Scholarship falls under the purview of the selection committee that was established for the purpose.
- The Criteria for Selection
- Write a powerful motivational essay* on the following topic: “Describe a situation or situations where you demonstrated or witnessed female leadership and how it made a positive difference”
- To be able to successfully carry out academic research in English, you need to demonstrate an adequate level of fluency in the language.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence that they have achieved high levels of academic success by presenting a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.7 (out of 4) or an equivalent grade, depending on the grading scale used at the applicant’s prior institution; * According to the definition provided by Britannica, an essay is a brief literary writing that offers an analysis, interpretation, or critical analysis of its subject while maintaining a limited and frequently personal point of view. This definition is used here.
- The candidates who made it to the final round of consideration for the Nailekhanim Scholarship Selection Committee will be interviewed by an appointed expert panel. This panel may include members of the Committee in addition to additional academics and practitioners. The decision of the Nailekhanim Scholarship Selection Committee about which candidate will be selected to become the recipient of the scholarship shall be final.
The Khazar University/Nailakhanim Foundation 2023 Full Scholarship for Postgraduate Female Students is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Applications must be sent directly to the International Affairs Office and can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed together with all of the necessary supporting documents. Be remember to include the following in the subject line of the email in which you send your complete application: “Your name_Khazar International Admission 2023-2024.” Before you send in your application, you will need to make sure that you have thoroughly reviewed the prerequisites for the level of study you have chosen. Applications that are both incomplete and received after the deadline will not be considered.
The application deadline for the Khazar University/Nailakhanim Foundation 2023 Full Scholarship for Postgraduate Female Students is June 15, 2023.