The Karolinska Institute in Sweden is widely regarded as one of the best medical universities in the world. Our purpose is to engage with the community, carry out research and education, and make a substantial contribution to the development of human health; our vision is to make a significant contribution to the improvement of human health. KI is the single largest center of academic research in the field of medicine in Sweden, and it also provides the most comprehensive array of medical courses and programs of any university in the country. Since 1901, the Karolinska Institute’s Nobel Assembly has been responsible for selecting the winners of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
One of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the field of medicine, Karolinska Institutet (KI) is located in Stockholm, Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is an educational and research institution that was established in 1810 by King Karl XIII of Sweden with the goal of making a contribution to the advancement of human health via research and education. Research in the fields of medicine and public health is carried out at Karolinska Institutet, which accounts for forty percent of all medical and public health research carried out in Sweden. The Karolinska Universitet Hospital and several other medical teaching institutions are located in close proximity to the Karolinska Institutet, which makes it possible for the institute to conduct research in the area. At the Karolinska Institutet, there are about 6,000 students enrolled in one of the institute’s 15 distinct undergraduate programs, one-year or two-year master programs, healthcare programs, or single course programs.
Since 2009, the Karolinska Institutet has been consistently ranked among the very best medical schools in all of the world. The language of instruction for KI’s Global Master’s Programmes is restricted to English only. Because these programs place such great emphasis on health and life sciences, Karolinska Institutet has been able to earn a well-deserved reputation for excellence and innovation in the medical and scientific communities all over the world.
The direct involvement of the Karolinska Institutet with the awarding of the world-famous Nobel Prizes helps to further the global significance of the institution. The selection of the winners of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been the responsibility of the KI since the year 1901. Karolinska Institutet alumni have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine five times, making them the most successful Swedish institution in this category.
KI is a university that only has one faculty, and that faculty is solely devoted to the medical and health sciences. The university is renowned for its high level of research and innovation. Our university is consistently ranked among the top 50 educational institutions in the world and among the top 10 medical schools in all of Europe. We are also proud to be the home of the Nobel Assembly, which is comprised of fifty professors from KI and is responsible for selecting the winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine each year. The instructors at KI divide their time between teaching and conducting research, which helps to keep them informed of and involved in ongoing developments in their respective fields. This contributes to the coursework at KI being current and on the cutting edge of their respective fields. You will have an advantage over other job seekers on the global labor market if you earn a master’s degree from KI, and you will also be well-prepared to continue your education and earn a doctorate if you decide to pursue a career in academia.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Karolinska Institutet
Scholarship Country: Sweden
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The sole cost that is covered by the KI Global Master’s Scholarship is the tuition (or part of the tuition fee for the program only partially given by Karolinska Institute). Other financing must be found in order to cover costs such as travel, living expenses, and other charges.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- You must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for the KI Global Master’s Scholarship:
- Have submitted an application to participate in one of the Global Master’s Programmes offered by the Karolinska Institutet beginning in 2023
- You must be a student from a country that is not a member of the EU or EEA and pay tuition.
- Have the application fee paid in full by the 1st of February 2023
- Ensure that you are in possession of all the necessary entry and documents for the program to which you have applied.
- Only students who have not yet completed their first year are eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae (CV) and qualifications, which are submitted through UniversityAdmissions and evaluated in connection with the application for a KI Global Master’s program, are taken into consideration during the selection process. This evaluation serves as the basis for the final decision. The recipients of the scholarships will be contacted directly.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Karolinska Institutet 2023 Global Masters Scholarship for International Students is open to all International Students
- For further details, see Karolinska Institutet website.
The application deadline for Karolinska Institutet 2023 Global Masters Scholarship for International Students is January 17, 2023.