Are you an Ethiopian student looking for scholarships to help you further your academic career? With Kana Scholarship, I tell you that your search is over.
Kana TV Scholarship also known as The Kana Scholarship is designed for students who aspire to be leaders.
This post provides information about Kana Scholarship for Ethiopian Students 2022 and how you can apply for it.
About Kana Scholarship for Ethiopian Students
There would have been nothing like Kana Scholarship without these two important platforms:
- Kanana tv
- A young world
Kana TV is a private commercial satellite television channel currently operating in Ethiopia. Kana TV is owned and incorporated within the Moby Media Group.
It was co-founded by three Ethiopian businessmen in combination with Moby Media Group and officially launched in April 2016.
The channel targets a wide variety of drama series from around the world. Very often, it broadcasts Turkish TV dramas that arouse the public’s attention to the channel. It is currently the most popular TV channel in Ethiopia.
One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that brings together young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
One Young World organizes annual summits in different cities around the world where world leaders join delegates from charities, NGOs, corporations, and universities, acting as advisors to One Young World.
Since its inception in 2009 through 2015, One Young World has hosted 6 summits for a total of 8,000 delegates aged 18-30 from 196 countries.
Kana TV is the main broadcaster in Ethiopia. Since 2016 they have been transforming the media landscape in Ethiopia, pioneering the way entertainment can be accessed across the country. As a revolutionary leader in the industry, Kana TV is proud to partner with One Young World to launch the inaugural Leading the Kana Ethiopia Scholarship.
All you need to know about the Kana TV Scholarship
Level/field of study
Kana TV Scholarship 202 2 is open to Ethiopian students who have demonstrated a reasonable level of leadership skills and have made an impact in the following fields:
- poverty alleviation
- Educational institutions
Therefore, students studying courses related to these fields are also considered good candidates and would be considered before other students.
Kana TV is the leading broadcaster in Ethiopia and has been changing the lives of Ethiopians by providing Kana Scholarship.
Students from Africa have always complained about the stress of not being recognized as most scholarships are open only to candidates from a particular country, the United States of America has been seen as one of the countries in the world that hosts most of the scholarship platforms where these scholarships are only available for United States Citizens of the United States of America.
African students are happy to be part of a scholarship reserved only for African students who are from Ethiopia.
Kana Scholarship The prize is apparently more than money, it has the ability to expose the winner to other dimensions of life including travel tourism and other expensive visits, with all expenses paid by the providers of this scholarship.
Below is a summary of what you can expect as a winner of this prestigious award. The prize winner will receive:
- Leading Ethiopia title: Kana Scholar.
- Elaboration of profiles in Kana TV publications and channels.
- Access to One Young World Summit 2020 in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between October 17 and 20 (both included).
- In addition, provisions can be made for delegates to take advantage of an additional night’s accommodation on October 16, should their travel itinerary require it.
- The cost of round trips to The Hague (flights in the economy)
- Catering that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Transportation between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue, Summit distributions, and supporting materials.
Kana TV Scholarship is open to only African students from Ethiopia who meet the conditions and qualifications requirements below:
- Candidates must be of Ethiopian nationality
- Applicants must reside in Ethiopia and must study in Ethiopia.
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 to 30. Applicants under the age of 30 have a chance to be considered first.
- Candidates over the age of 30 are still considered. But it will depend on the willingness of the person to be part of the scholarship and the appropriate impact they have had over the years.
- Most people over the age of 30 are also considered to have lost the motivation and enthusiasm to engage in extreme academic pursuits, therefore the person’s unreserved passion for academic excellence would be put to the test before being considered. for the scholarship.
- An applicant is not fully qualified if they have not had an impact on agriculture, poverty alleviation, health, the environment, and education in general
In addition, the strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to innovate and solve problems based on values.
- Concern for local and global problems.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
How to apply:
To apply for this scholarship, please visit the following link and follow the procedure that would be available.
Please note that all applications must be submitted in English.
Deadline for application
This scholarship opportunity is an annual scholarship with an annual deadline of 18th July.
The opening date varies. But the deadline is always July 18, annually.