A President’s PhD Scholarship is an exceptional opportunity to receive full funding for tuition fees and a generous stipend for a 3.5 year PhD place at Imperial College London if you are a high achieving undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class research institution.
Students awarded President’s PhD Scholarships have the opportunity to pursue independent research under the guidance of a seasoned mentor and participate in networking events with their cohort of fellow awardees.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Imperial College London is the only public university in the United Kingdom that focuses completely on scientific, technological, medical, and business disciplines. Established in 1907, Imperial College is today home to students and professors from over 140 different countries. About two-thirds of the students are from outside the European Union, and more than half come from outside the United Kingdom. Imperial offers more than 150 graduate-level programs and more than 100 undergraduate majors and minors. It is one of the most financially benevolent institutions in the UK, awarding a wide variety of scholarships to deserving students. The University of London’s Imperial College has been recognized for its exceptional teaching, student learning, and overall performance on the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) by receiving the highest possible gold rating. When it comes to future employment, it is a top choice among UK universities. The average beginning salary of graduates from Imperial College London are believed to be the highest of any British university.
The main campus of Imperial College is in South Kensington, London, and it is where most classes and research are conducted. Some of London’s most famous sites, including Kensington Palace and the Royal College of Music, surround the bustling campus. White City and Silwood Park are home to the innovation cluster and graduate campus respectively. Among the best programs at Imperial include those in medicine, computer science, electronics and electrical engineering, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering, and civil engineering. Nobel laureates, Turing Award winners, Fields medalists and Fellows of the Royal Society, Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering, and Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences are just some of the illustrious names associated with Imperial College’s strong community of researchers and academics committed to teaching excellence, innovation, globally challenging, and high-level interdisciplinary research.
The college has a long history of ground-breaking research, including the discovery of penicillin, the invention of holography, and the building blocks of fiber optics. Formerly a division of the University of London, Imperial College has risen to prominence as a top public institution in the city. The institution achieved financial independence in 2007, but it has been documenting the work of research pioneers for years prior to that. Notable scientist and Imperial alumni Alexander Fleming was involved in the controversial study. Imperial College has carved out a special place for itself in the global education system as a result of its outstanding research and teaching, and its mission is to produce world-famous scientists, academics, and researchers in a wide variety of fields. Apparently, more than 90% of Imperial College grads get jobs in their field.
Attracting students from all over the world, the university has an impressive roster of famous alumni including Rajiv Gandhi, India’s sixth Prime Minister. For its extensive focus on educational results, it was recognized with the prestigious Gold Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) award. QS, THE, The Guardian, and The Complete University Guide are just few of the prestigious ranking organizations that consistently place Imperial College in the top ten worldwide universities every year since 2017. Employers around the world recognize the value of an Imperial College education because of the high caliber of alumni. Imperial has been consistently ranked among the top 10 higher education institutions worldwide for the past five years, according to the Guardian ranking, a well-known UK publication that evaluates universities on a variety of factors including teaching quality, career opportunities, and student-staff ratio.
Imperial College London is routinely ranked among the top 10 universities in the world by numerous publications and organizations. In 2013, the Financial Times ranked Imperial’s MSc Management Program first in the UK and 12th in the world, and the Financial Times ranked Imperial’s MBA seventh in the UK, 15th in Europe, and 49th in the world. Nationally, many scientific disciplines, including medicine, engineering, the life sciences, and the physical sciences, perform exceptionally well. Imperial College London today has 20 residence halls, almost all of which are located in the South Kensington and Chelsea areas of the city. There is always room in a dorm for incoming first-year undergraduates at Imperial. Imperial College’s private housing office aids the majority of its graduate and undergraduate students who choose to reside off campus.
Imperial College has multiple locations in and around London and the South East, all of which are well-served by public transportation and easily accessible by foot. Near the Royal Albert Hall, the Natural History Museum, and the Science Museum in London is where the main campus is located. The university is conveniently located near three of the main airports in the UK. Those traveling between Heathrow, Gatwick, and Stansted can take advantage of a special service that links all three airports.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Imperial College London
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- During the student’s time spent pursuing their education, the following benefits are included with each of the fifty eligible scholarships:
- Complete coverage of the cost of tuition
- A stipend in the amount of £22,900 (at the rate in effect for 2023-24) each year to help with living expenses
- A fund for the purchase of consumables equal to £2,000 per year for the first three years of study.
- A schedule of one-of-a-kind opportunities and gatherings organized and presented by the Graduate School
- You will also have access to the complete range of support that is offered to postgraduate students at Imperial. This includes specialized support for students with disabilities and overseas students, in addition to the larger Graduate School curriculum of professional skills courses.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- This highly competitive program includes qualifying requirements that are more stringent than is typically the case; as a result, it attracts individuals that have exceptional academic performance and promising research potential. Candidates with exceptional skills from Imperial College London, the United Kingdom, and all over the world are welcome to apply. There are no limitations imposed based on a person’s nationality.
- The scholarship can be used to pay for either full-time or part-time studies, whichever the recipient choose.
- We recognize that diversity not only enriches Imperial, but also enables the sector to better represent the communities that we serve. Because of this, we encourage applications from people of all different backgrounds and nations.
- Academic criteria
- Candidates are required to have received or be on track to receive a first class or equivalent in an undergraduate or integrated masters degree; and/or Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification are required to have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- Candidates who have degrees from universities located outside of the United States ought to verify with the relevant Admissions team whether or not their scores and grades are comparable to the entry criteria for the scholarship.
- Other criteria also apply
- Candidates of exceptional ability from Imperial College London, the United Kingdom, and all over the world are encouraged to apply. There are no limits based on nationality; however, it is possible that some departments will not be able to sponsor candidates from other countries.
- New doctoral students are the only ones who can apply for the plan. Students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program at Imperial College and who wish to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship are ineligible.
The Imperial College London 2022 President’s PhD Scholarships is open to all International Students
Awarding international students with tuition waivers for the 2022-2023 school year in select degree programs, the University of Innsbruck in Austria is committed to removing financial barriers to education. This award is for international students who have demonstrated academic excellence. Scholars of all levels are urged to apply for the upcoming 2022-2023 academic year at the university.
- Please visit the website of Imperial College London for further information.
The application process for the Imperial College London 2022 President’s PhD Scholarships is currently opened.