The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program, also known as the Global UGRAD Program, awards outstanding undergraduate students from around the world with scholarships for one semester of non-degree, full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment. The programme is also known as the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program. It is intended to familiarise pupils with the educational system, society, and culture of the United States.
The finalists come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, including architecture, engineering, biochemistry, literature, and education. Students will have the chance to participate in campus groups and events, as well as live in university residence halls during their time at the university. As a component of the Global Undergraduate Exchange and Development Program (Global UGRAD), every student is expected to take part in volunteer community service activities and is strongly encouraged to take part in professional development activities. Since 2010, a total of thirty students from Mauritius have taken part in this programme. The application season typically starts in the month of November.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Our exchange programmes, which are open to young people, students, educators, artists, athletes, and emerging leaders from all over the world, include participants from over 160 different countries, including the United States. In addition to the exchange programmes, the ECA is responsible for the administration of a wide variety of additional projects that foster cultural understanding. The supply of educational resources to persons who have an interest in learning about American culture and the English language is one of the projects that fall under this category. Other initiatives in this category include the protection of cultural assets around the world. The International Visitor Leadership Program and the Fulbright Program are two of the most well-known flagship exchange programmes that are offered by the ECA. The International Visitor Leadership Program is another well-known offering from ECA.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Global UGRAD
Scholarship Country: Mauritania
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Offers excellent undergraduate students from around the world with scholarships for one semester to pursue non-degree full-time study mixed with community service, career development, and cultural enrichment.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Mauritania and currently enrolled in an educational institution in the country.
- Only students who are currently enrolled in undergraduate programmes that require full-time attendance will be eligible to receive a scholarship. Participants are required to have at least one semester or another term of similar length to finish at their home institutions before they can participate.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate their potential for leadership by their academic work, involvement in the community, and extracurricular activities.
- All applicants are required to show that they are fluent in written and spoken English. The individuals who are chosen as finalists or alternates will be required to take the TOEFL exam.
- Candidates must be in excellent academic standing, have a general average of 11 or above out of 20, and have successfully completed all of the required courses (also known as “modules”) in the first four semesters of their education.
- Those applicants who have had little to no experience in the United States or anywhere else outside of their home nations will be given preference.
- It is required of applicants that they have the intention to immediately return to their native country once the programme has been completed.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for Mauritania Students 2023 is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- If you are interested in learning more, please visit the following website: https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program-global-ugrad.
The application deadline for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for Mauritania Students 2023 is August 2023.