Higher degree research students are eligible for a variety of awards and fellowships from the university, the most prestigious of which is the Overseas Travelling Fellowship. In any given year, the number of Travelling Fellowships that can be given out will never exceed two. The purpose of the Overseas Travelling Fellowship is to give full-time or part-time PhD students who have shown an exceptional aptitude for independent research the opportunity to carry out short periods of further study or further research in approved universities or other institutions located outside of Australia, provided that there is a clear advantage to be gained from the student’s experience both for the thesis and for the University. The Overseas Travelling Fellowship was established in 2010.
It is intended that the individual who is awarded the Travelling Fellowship would represent the University in a way that is exemplary.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Flinders University is a prime example of the kind of forward-thinking, student- and alumni-focused institution that has come to characterize the most prestigious colleges and universities in the current period. When an opportunity presents itself, students at Flinders University are encouraged to “seize the day” and make the most of it. On campus, you will have easy access to all of the academic resources that you will need to excel in your studies. Flinders University holds its own when contrasted with other highly regarded educational institutions. attended a prestigious university and received honors during their studies there. At Flinders University, you’ll find a community of people with inquisitive minds. Being inquisitive, inventive, and willing to take risks are necessary traits to have if you wish to think creatively and take the initiative. Your research will be helpful in forming an opinion about Flinders College. It is a great honor to hold the title of being Australia’s best employer for recent college graduates.
Because our degrees are held in such high esteem in the academic community, they make it possible for our graduates to participate in fascinating practicum, internship, and mentoring opportunities. According to Times Higher Education, Flinders University is ranked #43 among Asian and Pacific universities and #271 worldwide. This is THE list of the best universities all over the world, and it has been updated for 2020. As our business grows, one of our goals is to increase the positive impact we have on the world around us by deepening our ties to the community in which we now operate and forging partnerships with organizations from across the world to advance significant causes such as education and scientific research.
Flinders University’s degree programs have almost without fail been ranked among the very finest in the world ever since the university’s inception. Those who have recently graduated from one of these prominent colleges can look forward to an exciting professional future. Flinders University in Australia is the place where a number of highly successful businesses got their start. You will gain first-hand experience in cutting-edge business practices if you undertake an internship at one of these companies. The primary campus of Flinders University is located smack dab in the heart of the city center of Adelaide. The neighborhood of Bedford Park and its adjacent communities. The beach, the city’s shopping sector, and the city’s central business district are all within walking distance of the chic hotel’s location. These sums include monetary contributions towards the Student Center as well as the Plaza. Under the solitary roof of this tower will be located a conglomeration of different companies and organizations. You’ll find everything you’re searching for at Flinders Village, from one-of-a-kind boutiques and restaurants to fascinating cultural events and everything in between. The comprehensive nature of the curriculum at Flinders University is directly correlated to the high level of academic success attained by its student body.
Flinders University provides a comprehensive range of orientation and orientation-related services to international students so that they may experience a greater sense of belonging in Adelaide and throughout Australia. We maintain contact with overseas students for a significant amount of time after they have graduated and moved on from orientation. Ninety percent of our students who are not from the United States have nothing but good things to say about our institution. After the Flinders Village station and line open in 2020, the Flinders Medical Centre, which is affiliated with the University of Adelaide, will have much improved access. The amount of time that it takes residents, students, and workers in the downtown region to get to and from work each day will drop by an average of 22 minutes. It is possible to save both time and effort. The primary campus of Flinders University may be found in Bedford Park, which is situated around 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s central business district. From this vantage point, the splendor of the city as well as the harbor may be seen in all their glory.
The modern architecture is juxtaposed against the natural beauty of a lake and the flora that is indigenous to Australia. Flinders University is located in the picturesque and handy neighborhood of Bedford Park in the city of Adelaide, South Australia. In comparison to the costs of living in other major cities, Adelaide’s are comparatively low. (2016 World Liveability Report) “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” “(2016 World Liveability Report)” Students at Flinders University will find a community that supports their intellectual and personal growth thanks to the university’s commitment to fostering such an environment.
The University of Flinders is committed to student-driven innovation across an exceptionally wide range of academic fields. Students at Flinders University have the ability to apply for and receive financial assistance, in addition to receiving academic counseling that can assist them in selecting a major and establishing long-term goals that are both realistic and attainable. When the New Flinders Rail Station opens in 2020, it will be much simpler for students, professors, and visitors to go to the city center of Adelaide as well as the Tonsley innovation zone. As a result of recent building, Flinders Village’s commercial district has experienced significant expansion in recent years.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The amount of the fellowship will be equal to the cost of one round-trip ticket in economy class with a student discount, plus all applicable taxes and travel insurance (which can be acquired through the university).
- In addition to that, the University Scholarships Committee has the ability to bestow the BankSA Travelling Award in the amount of $625.00.
- In any given year, the number of Travelling Fellowships that can be given out will never exceed two.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates for the Traveling Fellowship must fulfill the following requirements:
- At the time of leaving, have been enrolled in a PhD program at the university for at least 18 months (or for an equivalent period of time part-time);
- Have made it abundantly evident over this time period that they possess an exceptional ability for conducting independent research; and have received unqualified support from their supervisor for the projected trip overseas;
- Have received confirmation from the educational institution in the host country that he or she is qualified to participate in the planned course of study;
- The Higher Degree by Research Scholarships Committee will decide who receives the Travelling Fellowship. In making their decision, they will consider not only the merit of the candidate but also the merit of the application, as well as the financial resources that are available to the applicant.
- In the event where attendance at a conference or the gathering of primary data is the major reason for travel, a fellowship will not be granted. The Scholarships Committee may conduct interviews with a select group of applicants from the shortlist. Six months is the maximum amount of time that can be spent in this fellowship position. There will be no consideration given to your request for an extension unless there are extenuating circumstances.
The Flinders University 2023 Overseas Travelling Fellowship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- To be considered, applications must be received by the closing date and must be submitted electronically through the Flinders University Student System. Because your performance will be evaluated based on the information in the Student System, please check to be that all of your personal details are as up to date as possible.
- The submission of a curriculum vitae and an explanation of how the applicant’s responsibilities will be covered during their absence is required for applications. Applications must indicate, with supporting statements from the candidate’s supervisor(s), Head of the academic organizational unit or independent referee, that the candidate: (a) has clearly demonstrated that overseas travel would add significantly to his/her research; (b) has clearly demonstrated that overseas travel would add significantly to his/her research; (c) has prepared a detailed account of the research or study to be undertaken at the proposed overseas institution; and (d) has given a detailed account of the research or study to be undertaken at the proposed overseas
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Overseas Travelling Fellowship is April 30, 2023.