The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration programme at Fuqua (CIP 52.1399, suitable for STEM study) is designed to educate students for careers in research and teaching at renowned educational institutions, as well as careers that need sophisticated research and analytical talents.
You will have the opportunity to cultivate close working relationships with some of the most prominent academics in your profession while attending Fuqua since the learning atmosphere is both interesting and collaborative. We promote robust cooperation between students and professors, both within your academic area and across various academic areas, in order to support the ground-breaking interdisciplinary research for which we are recognized.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University recruits and cultivates a new sort of leader—one who possesses the ability to bring out the best in people and move teams ahead towards a common goal. This style of leader is in high demand. Our community is comprised of students and professors from all over the world who thrive in an environment that allows for the expression of contrasting points of view. We bring them together to form the basis of a style of leadership that motivates entire organisations to perform better while simultaneously achieving their goals.
More than two thousand students are accepted into Fuqua’s ten degree programmes and eleven non-degree programmes each year. These programmes are intended to assist working professionals and full-time students in expanding their horizons and challenging themselves in novel ways. Despite the fact that our main campus is located in North America, we are well-known for the fact that we offer chances for study and involvement all around the world.
In addition to a concentration on the fields of entrepreneurship and social impact, the educational institution has long-standing ties with businesses operating in important sectors, such as the fields of health care, financial services, consulting, technology, consumer goods, energy and the environment, and the media. Our network of more than 25,000 alumni, of which a large number continue to maintain a close relationship with Fuqua, are well-known for their distinctive approach to their profession. In the end, we judge the success of our graduates based on the influence they have had on the workplaces and the world around them, as well as the relationships and reputations they have built for themselves.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- If you are making adequate progress in the PhD programme, your entry into the programme will include stipends, tuition and registration fees, and health fees for a maximum of 10 semesters. Additional types of financial support include the following:
- Assistance with desktop computers for sanctioned trips related to academics
- Help in the process of applying for financing from the Graduate School and other organisations
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The Graduate School at Duke University awards the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration degree, which must be completed in accordance with the guidelines established by the Graduate School at Duke. In most cases, the duration of time necessary to complete a Ph.D. programme is around 5 years. After you and a member of the faculty in your academic field decide on your specific study programme, taking into consideration your interests and objectives, you’ll be expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Through your classes and your own independent research, you can become an expert in the field that most interests you.
- You have until the end of your third year of residency, at the latest, to pass a preliminary qualifying exam in this field of study.
- Conduct a convincing defense of your dissertation.
The Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business 2023 Ph.D. Program in Business Administration is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- If you have any inquiries concerning the PhD programmes offered by Fuqua, please get in touch with our PhD Programme Office at (919) 660-7862 or by email. On the website of the Duke Graduate School, applications for the PhD programme are available. The deadline for applications is December 15.
- Merit-based admission is combined with a competitive process. Each academic discipline matriculates two to three students annually on average. The acceptance rate varies by region from 2% to 8%.
The application deadline for the Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business 2023 Ph.D. The progrpm in Business Administration is December 15, 2023.