For a fully-funded PhD studentship in the design and development of next-generation battery prototypes, Coventry University (CU) is accepting applications from graduates who meet the required qualifications. Road to Zero Strategy requires the use of lithium ion batteries, which play a significant role in the transition from fossil fuels to electric vehicles.
Despite progress in the integration of battery technology into automobiles, concerns about range anxiety, refueling (charging) periods, and cost continue to limit the general public’s willingness to use electric vehicles. Although great attempts have been made to increase battery performance through the chemistries and materials employed, little progress has been achieved in the engineering design of cells. Coventry University’s unique expertise in battery prototyping (CEMR) and laser welding (CMM) will be brought together in this project to further develop the concept of the continuous tab cell and achieve and understand further improvements in cell design allowing for higher power and energy through engineering. As part of this project, you will have the opportunity to learn about every area of device development, from electrode development to mechanical assembly and sophisticated welding and joining techniques, all the way to device performance and electrochemical testing.
About the Scholarship:
Coventry University is a world-class educational institution that focuses on applied research and education. The courses at the university are well-organized and meant to be beneficial to the students who take them. The college was founded as the Coventry College of Design in 1843, but it later merged with the Lanchester College of Technology and the Rugby College of Engineering Technology to become the Lanchester Polytechnic in 1970, forming the Lanchester Polytechnic. The name was changed to Coventry Polytechnic in 1987, and the University was established in 1992 as a result of legislation passed by the United Kingdom government. In addition, the institution received the TEF gold award for outstanding teaching and learning in the country in 2017. According to the Guardian University Guide, the university is placed 15th in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2020-21. In addition to these honors, the university has received a number of other prizes for its outstanding performance. Located in the heart of Coventry, the university campus offers a safe and prosperous environment for students and faculty to work and study. QS Best Student Cities classified Coventry as the 47th best student city in the world in 2019 and as one of the top five best student cities in the United Kingdom, according to the publication. In order to provide better infrastructure for students, a number of ongoing projects are being undertaken to further expand the campus. Each faculty has its own set of buildings, each of which is distinguished by its distinctive and contemporary architecture. A variety of high-tech facilities are available to students at the Hub, which includes a student union office, multi-purpose halls, catering services and a food court, among other things. The Hub is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More than 21 buildings serve a variety of functions beneath the university’s roof, each of which fulfills an individual function. The infrastructure is being built in such a way that students have access to all of the resources they need to make the most out of their college experience to the maximum extent possible. The university offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in subjects ranging from finance to engineering. It also owns a research center, as it greatly encourages the use of scientific knowledge. Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Environment and Computing, Health and Life Sciences, Coventry Business School, and Coventry Law School are the faculties and schools that make up Coventry University’s academic structure. For the convenience of its students, the university offers a variety of housing alternatives. Almost all of the lodgings are only a few minutes’ walk away from the university campus, and guests can select the accommodations that best suit their requirements. Coventry University has had a 95% success rate in placing graduates in jobs and internships since their graduation. The university also has ties to some of the big corporations that hire students from this institution as well. David Yelland, John Kettley, David Borrow, Jacqui Jackson, Adaora Onyechere, Jimmy Doherty, John Iley, and Horace Panter are just a few of the noteworthy Coventry University alumni who have achieved success in their respective fields.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Coventry University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Including tuition expenses as well as a stipend or bursary, this is an entirely financed studentship.
- The successful candidate will undergo extensive research training, which will include technical, personal, and professional skills development as well as leadership and management training.
- All researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor) are members of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which provides high-quality training and career development activities to all researchers at the university (from PhD to Professor level).
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- First-class honours degree in a relevant discipline or subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent, as well as a minimum 60% overall module average is required.
- The ability to engage in cutting-edge research and obtain the PhD in 3.5 years or less is a distinct advantage.
- A basic command of the English language is required (IELTS academic overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
Research grants are given to young international academics and scientists who wish to do research or enroll in a course of continuing education while in the United States. The Academic Research Grant Women is given to women who are employed as academics at an Australian university or research centre and whose job duties include performing research.
The Coventry University 2022 PhD Studentship Design and Development of next Generation tab-less Battery Prototypes is open to all International Students
- Is this something you’d like to do? Coventry University’s pgrplus.coventryac.uk website is where you can apply for a position at the university
- Please email Dr. Alexander Roberts if you have any questions about the study. Visit PGD+ to begin the application process.
- Please be aware that all applications require a cover letter, as well as the following:
- An up to 2000-word supporting statement is required for pre-determined (identified) initiatives in which the applicant’s expertise and interests are relevant.
The Coventry University 2022 PhD Studentship Design and Development of next Generation tab-less Battery Prototypes Is May 13, 2022. It is worthy to note that the Coventry University 2022 PhD Studentship Design and Development of next Generation tab-less Battery Prototypes is renewable each year