An annual research grant is awarded to women in Ph.D. research with a total value of $5,000 provided by the Capstone Editing. The Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Grant is only intended for women to provide assistance on the research project fees of their own choosing publications.
The Academic Research Grant
The Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Grant for Ph.D. women wants to provide financial support that can be utilized towards their research projects, purchasing their books, hiring translator fees, software, equipment, field trip cost, traveling to study with the new techniques at the lab either interstate or abroad, small lab equipment costs, completing a small project, interviews, survey and academic researching such as manuscripts, journal articles, and conference papers.
The grant value can also be used to cover their educational expenses at the university where some funding doesn’t cover the university. The educational cost can be related to the academic needs of the women to secure their child care payments to better assist them to meet their work research goals and responsibilities, this is all because of the traditional gender women’s roles at taking care of their own home.
Scholarship Provider: Capstone Editing
About the Provider
Capstone editing is one of the only academic editing companies in Australia owned by an academic. Their services were built to ensure the deliverance of the highest quality of editing and provide an exceptional standard for every client.
Capstone Editing firmly believes that they have to give back to the academic community as one way to appreciate the community, they are providing scholarships and grants to help every woman to overcome the barriers towards career success and support the Australian and New Zealand students towards their education and career goals.
Their scholarship and grants are one of the generous programs in the academic editing industry. The company recognizes the burdens of every student especially the women who often affect their education due to their responsibilities at home and to perform on their academics.
The company put a tremendous worth on encouraging the notoriety of Australian and New Zealand colleges, and consider putting resources into meriting and deserving individuals the significant method for accomplishing this.
Dr. Lisa Lines, the Director and Head Editor, was the first in the academic editing industry to layout a grant program of this sort. They are glad this is presently turning into the business-standard. The Capstone Editing is committed to providing scholarships and grants to the students esp[ecially those who needed the most support to overcome any hindrance to achieving their success.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: Australian and New Zealand
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: all eligible field courses for the Ph.D. Degree research
- Duration: 1 year
- Renewable: No
- Number of Awards: 1
- Scholarship Award: A$5,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
The Capstone Editing reason to help
Despite their highest numbers at university and postgraduate levels, women often remain under-represented in academics. This is known as the “pipeline effect”, in which women complete academic post-PhDs less than men, with many refusing to hold academic positions. This effect, although less explored, can be seen as a consequence of the more competitive nature of the academy, which is detrimental to women in their decisions to start and pursue an academic career.
Academic tasks at all levels are often redundant, with unrealistic expectations about research results and unpaid overtime needed for competitiveness. Ninety percent of full-time academics work more than 40 hours a week, including 51 percent who work more than 50 hours a week (and that can mean anywhere up to 80 hours a week).
Given the persistent societal expectations and structural factors that lead women to take most of the responsibility for meeting education and other care roles, this workload is impossible to maintain in many women’s academies. Despite the progress made by many academic institutions on the impact of care on academic work, there is no denying that, in general, the recognition of all the ways in which care, especially motherhood, and a woman’s career can change academically, fails systematically.
Before proceeding to the application process, the interested applicants must meet the eligibility of the scholarship
- Applicants must be a women
- You must work as a member of the academic staff in a position that includes research at an Australian or New Zealand university (ie teaching staff in teaching positions are only unskilled and professionals are not qualified).
- You can work continuously or on a fixed-term basis.
- Part-time or full-time worker
- You must have an academic career at an early age. It is defined as a person who has a doctorate and has completed a doctorate in the last six years or who has entered a continuous or permanent job in an academic position for the first time in the last two years.
- The research project should be the project that is to lead to the publication. It is defined as a research project whose one of the expected outputs is the publication of a peer-reviewed article in a journal, book chapter, or book. It is recognized that academic research is very diverse and that some research clearly and quickly results in publication, while other research may not lead to publication for some time. Part of this grant is to help women overcome obstacles in their career advancement, which requires publication. Therefore, one of the goals of the research project should be publication. In your application, you can specify the type of publication you want and how it relates to your research project.
- Former beneficiaries of this grant may not be eligible again.
- Previously unsuccessful applicants can re-apply each year, members or family members of the staff at Capstone Editing is not eligible for application.
Interested applicants can complete the application process through the online portal provided by Capstone Editing at their official website. It is important to meet the eligibility requirements before completing the application process, the application process required detailed information about yourself and your research projects.
The company will protect every personal information provided by the applicants.
The deadline to complete the application is until July 25, 2022. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed and assessed by the staff of the Capstone Editing. The decision for the awardee will be final and applicants wil be notified before July 25, 2022.