Students from both inside and outside of Germany can apply for the BIMM Institute Berlin Tim Pope Filmmaking Scholarship, Germany 2022/23 (Fully Funded). Students can use the scholarship to take part in Film classes at the Music school in Berlin that are taught at the Undergraduate level. For the application to be looked at, it must be sent in before July 15, 2022.
Tim Pope is a director who has worked in TV, documentaries, live concerts, short films, and most recently in Hollywood, where he directed “The Crow: City of Angels.” His work can be seen in many different ways. In the 1980s, he directed promotional music videos for many bands, including David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Queen, Talk Talk, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Soft Cell, The Style Council, and others. However, he may be best known for his work with the goth-rock band The Cure, for whom he almost always directed promotional music videos. Pope has made a whopping 21 music videos for The Cure. This is more than he has done for any other band. The Tim Pope Filmmaking Scholarship can only be used for the BIMM Institute in Berlin’s new BA (Hons) Filmmaking program.
About the Scholarship:
The British and Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM) is the most prestigious and extensive music school in Europe. Its eight colleges are dispersed around the most lively musical cities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Germany. Every college and university in the country offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in music, and their facilities are all state of the art. Not only does our creative environment foster talent, but it also makes it possible for upcoming generations to carve out a niche for themselves in the music industry.
BIMM Institute has been providing its students with the information and skills necessary to fulfill the demands of the music business for more than 35 years, and graduates leave the institute feeling that they are ready to work in the industry. Beginning in September 2022, we will be expanding our creative offering at BIMM Institute Berlin with the opening of a Screen and Film Faculty. As a result of this expansion, aspiring filmmakers and industry professionals will have the opportunity to receive an education in filmmaking that is of the highest caliber in Berlin. Our students will benefit from a direct access to the creative industries by participating in internships and gaining job experience, and they will be instructed by lecturers who are all already working in the film and music industries.
You will be a part of a creative community when you study at BIMM, which will provide you with the ideal opportunity to make the most of your skill and work in one of the industries that is the most well-known and successful in the world. Location is one of the most important factors to consider when trying to break into the music industry. BIMM offers eight colleges located in cities where music is most important: London, Berlin, Hamburg, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, and Birmingham. BIMM has more than 7,000 students and has been teaching for more than 35 years; it is Europe’s largest and most respected music institute. Every institution of higher learning offers full-time programs in guitar, drums, bass, songwriting, vocals, electronic music production, music and sound production, music business event management, and music marketing, media, and communication. These programs are designed to further, higher, and post-graduate education.
Because seven of the eight campuses provide the same degree programs, students have the option to split their time between campuses in the United Kingdom and Germany, if they so desire. (If a student decides to start off by getting a diploma that only takes a year to complete, they will be able to continue their education by enrolling in a degree program at a campus of their choosing.) As a result of BIMM’s worldwide fame (the institution currently has over 1,200 international students from all over the world), the institution frequently hosts masterclasses taught by musicians from prominent bands such as Guns N’ Roses, Metallica, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, and many, many more. There are often two or three masterclasses held each week, in addition to a large number of other student events, such as lectures on the music industry and live gigs held in the city that each campus is located in.
According to a poll conducted on recently graduated students, 83 percent are already employed in the music and creative industries six months after earning their degrees. The staff that provides student support services can provide information and guidance on a wide variety of topics, including as housing, transportation, local services, and the costs of living. Music can be produced, edited, and composed at any of the BIMM campuses using the high-end facilities and cutting-edge technology available at each location. Every week, there are Masterclasses given by “Special Guests,” and there are also many additional student events, such as workshops on the music industry and live gigs, that take place in the city that is home to each college.
The BIMM Institute is the best institution available to attend for anyone who wants to be successful in the music business. It provides rigorous and in-depth instruction, and it teaches its students the abilities they need to have in order to pursue their passions in life. Even while the universities themselves do not provide housing for students, many of them maintain connections with local suppliers of student housing and bedsits. Because all eight colleges are situated in major cities, there is typically an abundance of available housing options. Location is one of the most important factors to consider when trying to break into the music industry. BIMM offers eight colleges located in cities where music is most important: London, Berlin, Hamburg, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, and Birmingham.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): BIMM Institute Berlin
Scholarship Country: Germany
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The applicant who is selected to receive the scholarship will start receiving full funding for all three years of their education beginning in September 2022.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
If you have already applied and accepted an offer of study for September 2022 entrance into the BA (Hons) Filmmaking course at BIMM Institute Berlin, you are eligible to apply for our scholarship. We have described the criteria for applicants below. You can apply for our scholarship if you meet all of the following requirements.
With the help of the Engineering International Students Postgraduate Merit Scholarship, the University of Sydney in Australia wants to encourage international postgraduate engineering students to study there in 2022-2023. The university set up the scholarship to help worthy students with good grades get higher degrees. Each scholar will get $20,000 to pay for their tuition fees.
The BIMM Institute Berlin: Tim Pope Filmmaking Scholarship, Germany 2022/23 is open to all International Students
- Please follow the procedures below and make sure to return the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship Application Form before July 15, 2022 at 23:59 CEST. This will ensure that your application for the Tim Pope Berlin Scholarship is processed successfully.
- On or after the 15th of August 2022, the winner will be notified in writing of their victory.
- Those who are interested in applying for the scholarship must first complete and submit an online application form, during which they will be asked a number of questions. After the submission deadline has passed, our academic team and Tim Pope will evaluate the work that was submitted.
- Your responses to the questions need to be given in the English language, and you should address the following questions:
- Can you name a specific director whose work you’ve admired throughout their career and explain why you admire it?
- In what ways do you believe the challenges of equality and diversity within the film business can be overcome?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your career?
- Who are some of your creative and cinematic inspirations?
- Include links to any kind of evidence of your work that supports your essay, such as links to social media around your releases or demos, events or videos that you have created, a stream of a show or blogs that you have written or articles that you have published, mood boards or websites that you have designed, press releases or EPKs that you have created, and any references from previous placements or internships.
- In addition, if you believe that the inclusion of academic quotes or citations will help support your replies, please feel free to do so.
- Form for applying to receive the Tim Pope Scholarship
The application deadline for the BIMM Institute Berlin: Tim Pope Filmmaking Scholarship, Germany 2022/23 Is 15 Jul 2022.