Amref International University (AMIU), in cooperation with Twitter, is pleased to provide health journalists with complete scholarships to attend a short course on Health Journalism and Communication at AMIU. The tuition for the course is KES 80,000, which is equivalent to USD 800, and successful students will be able to participate in the program virtually. The goal of the course is to provide journalists, public relations officers, and health managers with the opportunity to expand their knowledge, develop their abilities, and cultivate their competencies about all elements of health reporting.
About the Scholarship:
Amref International University, often known as AMIU, is an institution of higher learning that is entirely owned by Amref Health Africa and is accredited to provide education and training in the field of health sciences. AMIU was established using the knowledge and expertise of Amref Health Africa, which has a reputation for providing high-quality and forward-thinking public and community health initiatives, as well as education and training, for more than 60 years. Over the course of four decades, its predecessor, the Amref International Training Centre (AITC), has had a significant impact on the education of public and community health workers in Africa, as well as on the development of health practitioners and leaders.
AMIU’s long-term goal is to establish itself as a preeminent institution of higher learning in the field of health sciences, with the mission of producing transformative health leaders and practitioners who motivate Africa to experience fundamental shifts in its health care system. The university, which places its primary emphasis on training in the health sciences, is positioned to close the existing gap in the training of human resources for health and to satisfy the demand for quality and comprehensive education in the health sciences. This is in accordance with AMIU’s mandate to cultivate a suitable health workforce for Africa’s basic health care, which is being fulfilled here. The objective of the University is to cultivate a knowledgeable health workforce, which plays an essential role in ensuring that everyone has fair access to basic health care. As a result, the development of an infrastructure that will offer educational opportunities to academics and researchers who will impact and have an influence on policy, regulation, and legislation at all strategic levels is our primary objective.
AMIU was established using the knowledge and expertise of Amref Health Africa, an organization that has earned a reputation for providing high-quality and forward-thinking public and community health initiatives across more than 30 nations in Africa for more than 60 years. Training, research, and extension in the field of health sciences are the primary focuses of AMIU’s work, with a particular emphasis on preventative, rehabilitative, and palliative care. It has made the promise to gradually develop innovative programs that are geared toward meeting the health requirements of Africa and the rest of the world, both now and in the future. The university provides postgraduate, undergraduate, higher diploma, diploma, and certificate programmes in addition to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses, all of which are designed to educate human resources for the health sector so that they can work in various parts of the health system. For further information about our various programs, please go to www.amref.ac.ke.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Amref International University (AMIU)
Scholarship Country: Kenya
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Training
Nationality: International Students
All expenses related to the scholarship have been paid in full.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- Application Process Concluded in Full. The applicant is responsible for submitting an application that is complete in every respect, including the provision of all material requested either within the application itself or otherwise.
- Providing of supporting documentation To be considered for one of these scholarships, applicants must send an email to [email protected] including both their résumé and links or attachments to health-related articles.
- Restrictions imposed by geography You need to be a working health journalist from Africa, reporting on health and medical concerns from throughout the continent.
- Deadline. The application needs to be submitted no later than the 31st of August 2022. The Scholarship Application Evaluation team will only take into consideration those applications that have been submitted in their entirety, including all of the necessary supporting documentation, before the deadline that has been published.
- Eligibility. Each person who is awarded a scholarship must satisfy all of the criteria for eligibility that were outlined before.
- Scoring. The quality of the content that the applicants give, as well as their work as health journalists in their various countries, will be taken into consideration when scoring them
The AMIU 2022 Health Journalism Scholarship for African Students is open to all International Students
BA in English Widening Access Scholarships at the University of York are available to undergraduate students in the United Kingdom who exhibit an interest in Literature, English Studies, and other related disciplines of study.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to Amref International University (AMIU), please visit admissions.amref.ac.ke on their website.
- Amref International University will be provided with the list of successful candidates as soon as the scholarship evaluation team has finalized the selection process and given its stamp of approval to the list.
- • A written message will be sent to each applicant advising them of the decision regarding their application and providing information regarding the process of registering for the course.
- • Applicants who are selected to receive this scholarship will be given one week from the date on which they are notified to make a decision regarding whether or not they will accept the grant. In the event that the required documentation is not delivered by the due date, the scholarship offer will be revoked.
The application deadline for AMIU 2022 Health Journalism Scholarship for African Students is August 31, 2022