The Department of English at the University of York offers BA in English Widening Access Scholarship for undergraduate students in the United Kingdom who can demonstrate their motivation to further their education in Literature, English Studies, and other related fields. The scholarship is a way for the University of York to be recognized and celebrate the success of the students who have overcome their financial barriers and other significant challenges in their journey to higher education.
The university Scholarship offered by the University of York aims to provide financial support for eligible students that can be used towards their expenses during their educational journey in the United Kingdom. The scholarship is non-repayable and will be provided to add a fnding sources towards education, the scholarship has an application process and the BA English Widening Access Scholarships offered by the Department of English at the Univesity of York is one of the competitive scholarships for the undergraduate degree students in the United Kingdom.
Scholarship Provider: University of York
About the Provider
The University of York is one of the most prestigious universities in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1963, the University of York is also known as the University of Collegial Glass Science. It currently has more than 30 departments and centers dealing with various subjects. Participants have many opportunities to develop their communication skills and abilities at this university. Under her guidance, they will build a bright future while learning from top university professors.
The university offers more scholarship opportunities to both local and international students who are admitted and will be admitted at the university. All the scholarship holders must demonstrate their potential and talent to excel in their studies at the university. The university will work with the students to give more support and develop their skills and knowledge and reach their potential to achieve their goals professionally and personally. The university is for the students and the public good, they care about the students and open access to higher education, especially for those who have not had the opportunity.
The University of York delivers a wide range of access programs to empower every individual with a background of underrepresented and fewer advantages in higher education. They offer a holistic approach to an admission that considers not only the exam grades but also the policy of alternative offers.
Studying English at the University of York
York’s English and related literature are different from other English degrees. They have a unique approach to what information is, what it does, how to read it, how to write it, and how to do it. Learning English brings the joy of reading and the challenge of understanding human culture. Learning English provides access to quality literature and ideas and encourages students to embrace new ways of thinking and expressing new possibilities to the world.
There is no better discipline for students to understand and interpret varied texts, whether in literature, history, politics, or the humanities or to develop clear and convincing answers to many challenges and Questions. Their English Courses are designed and taught by world-class professionals working at the cutting edge of their fields.
- Academic Year; 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: United Kingdom
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Field: English, Literature, and other related courses.
- Number of Awards: Five
- Scholarship Award: £3,000
- Duration: Three Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Applicants must meet the following to be able to continue with the application:
- The scholarship is open to home students or UK students.
- The students must be admitted to the Department of English, Literature, or other related fields.
- Admission in September 2022. Students who apply during the 2022/2023 application period and postpone their admission to September 2023 will also be considered.
The following criteria are based on the York Opportunity Scholarship and Access and Outreach Extended Access Program guidelines. They are designed to prioritize rewards and engagement opportunities for those facing the greatest challenges.
The applicants must meet the following:
- Must be a permanent resident in the United Kingdom r qualified for eligible home fees and funding at the university admission process.
- Must be holding an offer to study at the Department of English at the University of York in an undergraduate degree for the September 2022 entry.
- The household income of the applicants must be £70,004 and together with your parents, you must give consent to share your financial information on the student’s application loans to be considered for the eligibility for the scholarship award.
- Must be able to demonstrate the significant barriers to their personal, domestic and social life that has been affecting your education and journey to further your higher education.
- Can have a background in underrepresented groups such as Asian or Asian British, British Black, Multiple Ethnicity, Gypsy, Roma or Irish Traveller.
- Must have an experience in local authority care.
- Experience being homeless.
- Can define your relationship with your family in other circumstances such as conflicts or problems that cause the students to break on their studies and irreconcilable.
- The students who are eligible for the free meal at their secondary level.
- The first generation of their family to attend higher education.
- Have military background.
- have a long-term health condition or disability.
- LGBTQ+ is accepted.
- A refugee or seeking asylum.
- An adult learner who is about 25 years old to study higher education.
The University of York receive more applications and all applications will be reviewed and selected applications will be reviewed by a jury. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the most criteria and who overcome the greatest challenges in their studies.
Interested students can complete their application form in an online portal provided by the University of York.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 30, 2022.
The University of York will provide financial assistance to five successful students, award amounting to £3,000, and will be paid annually £1,000 for up to three years.