Learn all about the University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada
Deadline: April 15, July 15 and November 15 Each Year
The University of Waterloo Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail this scholarship, its benefits and the application process step by step.
The University of Waterloo scholarship is offered for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral studies and is valued up to $10,000.
The University of Waterloo, as a public research university in Canada, is continually ranked as Canada’s most creative university and most famous for its cooperative education programs. It provides six faculties and ten university colleges that administer educational programs.
The faculties will nominate eligible applicants to the grant program; the evaluation committee will manage the applications of international candidates.
Details of University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada
Institutions where you will carry out your studies:
University of Waterloo, Canada.
Levels and areas of study:
Scholarships are open for research-based undergraduate/graduate, master’s and PhD study in any subject offered by the University of Waterloo.
See the list of study areas here.
Who can participate?:
All Latino and Hispanic students can apply to the University of Waterloo scholarship program.
- David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, and up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- The International Master’s Excellence Award is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
Conditions that participants must meet:
- Candidates who are in good academic standing (typically a minimum average of 70% at the undergraduate level; usually a minimum average of 75% at the graduate level) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Valid Canadian study permit.
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and have no outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- Usually, students should not simultaneously receive sponsorship from foreign governments or agencies (e.g., China Scholarship Council, sponsorship from Libya, etc.) or be fully or partially self-funded above minimum levels of faculty support.
- Students will automatically be considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or faculty will define their own internal process by which they will select recipients based on eligibility criteria and assignments.
- Colleges may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
You may be interested in Lester B. Pearson Full Scholarships in Canada
Instructions to apply for University of Waterloo Scholarships:
Scholarships for International Experience from the David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation:
- Candidates must enter the university in undergraduate and graduate programs. After taking admission, candidates can access the application.
- Attach a personal statement that will refer to the application form. All applicants must provide evidence of their English language ability to meet the minimum admission requirements.
International Master’s Excellence Scholarships:
- Students will automatically be considered for this award based on their application for admission; therefore, a separate scholarship application is not required.
- The departments and faculties will select and nominate the students for the scholarship.
April 15, July 15 and November 15 EVERY YEAR