Starting your educational journey in the USA can be more possible, the Western Michigan University in the USA is currently inviting all international students to take part in the scholarship opportunity for the deserving international students that will give them the educational funds that will help them in pursuing their academic goals.
The WMU Diether H. Haenicke International Awards is a highly competitive scholarship award intended for undergraduate students all over the world.
- International Students who will be admitted or commence their undergraduate degree in any field courses offered by the university.
- The international students must have an international status of nonresidence in the USA
- First-time undergraduate degree students or transferred to another university or institution.
Scholarship Eligible Countries:
- EU Countries
- Latin America
- North America
- South America
- Southeast Asia
- Western Asia
- Central Asia
- Eastern Asia
- Southern Asia
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Dominican Republic
- Holy See
- Hong Kong
- and more eligible countries
The international students must be able to be admitted at the university with an undergraduate degree in any fields or courses program offered by Western Michigan University. The international students who already completed the admission process will be automatically considered for the scholarship opportunity.
The students who are already been admitted or accepted will see the link provided by the university for the scholarship opportunity that will be linked on the student’s account after login in at the university-provided portal.
The student who will be taking up an admission must show a good academic transcript of records on their previous high school degree, students must be able to submit the following documents:
- Transcript of Academic records
- Secondary School certificates
- Copy of Passport
- Identification Pages
- Examination results
- High School Diploma
- Mark Sheets
- $100 Application fee (non-refundable)
- Proof of sufficient funds, sufficient funds must be according to the estimated cost of education at Western Michigan University.
- English language proficiency Test Scores
Western Michigan University will be providing a number of scholarship awards in different amounts. The funds will be given half deposited at the student’s accounts from the start of the spring and fall semesters.
The GPA Grade Point Average on a four-point scale will be based on the amount of the scholarship rewards to be awarded to every student, the students who have the GPA of:
- 3.50-3.69 GPA awards will be amounting to up to $5,000
- 3.70-3.94 GPA awards will be amounting to up to $7,500
- 3.95-4.0 awards will be amounting to up to $15,000
Scholarship Criteria for Renewal
The students who want to retain their scholarship for the next semester must
- Enrolled in a full-time degree course at the university
- Maintain their non-resident status
- Maintain GPA of 3.0
- 24 credit hours completion
- Maintain the F-1 Active SEVIS
The deadline for the scholarship will be until February 1, 2022.
The scholarship will be offered annually.