Currently closed for applications
The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization is an organization found in 2001 which aims to improve the care of the patients of bowel diseases. They are now the largest forum of specialist around the world. And as part of their mission, The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) offers Research Fellowships to invite young professionals and individual to promote innovative scientific research in the are of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
Applicants must be aware of the mission of these fellowship to promote innovative scientific research of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, otherwise applicants are not eligible to apply for the fellowship.
The applicants should:
1. Not be more than 40 years old.
6. The fellowship are not limited to the ECCO Member countries and can apply a non European countries.
7. Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO. Exceptional circumstances such as an ECCO Member from an ECCO Member state travelling to a non–member state will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an ECCO Member from a non-European country visiting Europe.
A total of $70000 will be granted for one ECCO Fellowship of the following :
- The fellowship award will be use for the applicant salary granted.
- The remaining funds will be used for other expenses of the fellowship project if its not entirely used to.
- If, after the award of an ECCO Fellowship, a separate application for funding the project is successful, then the host is required to inform SciCom.
- This is to allow appropriate discussion of a separate funding body providing the salary of the individual and recognition of ECCO support.