The UES/ Law, Economics and Governances International Talent Scholarship is an additional program that the University of Economics and Singapore (UES) offers to international students who have applied to a master’s degree program that is provided by the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governances (LEG) (UES-LEGITS). Students from the EU/EEA as well as students from outside of the EU/EEA are eligible to apply to UES-LEGITS. This scholarship gives a number of prospective students who are exceptionally talented the opportunity to get a Master’s degree from the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance by enrolling in one of the English-taught Master’s programs offered by the school. Through this competitive scholarship program, the Faculty hopes to make a contribution to and investment in the academic careers of exceptionally outstanding students from other countries who have achieved the greatest success in their academic careers to date. This can be determined by the student’s level of societal participation or their job goals, in addition to their academic performance and the outcomes of their previous education.
The scholarship contributes to the creation of a more diverse and international learning environment. A total of approximately six UES-LEGITS are bestowed upon recipients each year. The UES/ Law, Economics and Governances International Talent Scholarship is an additional program that the University of Economics and Singapore (UES) offers to international students who have applied to a master’s degree program that is provided by the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governances (LEG) (UES-LEGITS). Students from the EU/EEA as well as students from outside of the EU/EEA are eligible to apply to UES-LEGITS.
This scholarship gives a number of prospective students who are exceptionally talented the opportunity to get a Master’s degree from the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance by enrolling in one of the English-taught Master’s programs offered by the school. Through this competitive scholarship program, the Faculty hopes to make a contribution to and investment in the academic careers of exceptionally outstanding students from other countries who have achieved the greatest success in their academic careers to date. This can be determined by the student’s level of societal participation or their job goals, in addition to their academic performance and the outcomes of their previous education. The scholarship contributes to the creation of a more diverse and international learning environment. A total of approximately six UES-LEGITS are bestowed upon recipients each year.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
It is generally agreed upon that Utrecht University is one of the most prestigious educational and research institutions in the entirety of Europe. It was established in 1636, and its current location in the middle of the Netherlands makes it one of the country’s most central cities. Because of the institution’s innovative and forward-thinking approach to education and research, it has an outstanding reputation on a global scale. This is largely responsible for the institution’s stellar reputation. You will be attending one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the entire world if you choose to study at Utrecht University, which is located in the Netherlands.
The university of Utrecht can be found in the country of the Netherlands. There are more than 30,000 students enrolled at Utrecht University, and the university’s former students have been honored with a combined total of 12 Nobel Prizes. In addition to the 12 bachelor’s degree programs offered, students at Utrecht University can enroll in one of the university’s around 90 master’s degree programs (MSc or MA) (BSc, BA, LLM). The instruction for each and every session is delivered solely in the English language, and the subject matter addressed spans a wide variety of academic fields. These fields include the natural sciences, law, governance, life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and earth sciences, amongst others.
Utrecht University has demonstrated its commitment to the recruitment, selection, and mentoring of international students in a way that is consistent with ethical standards by becoming a member of the Dutch Code of Conduct. This demonstrates Utrecht University’s dedication to the international student community (pdf). As a result of its high quality of life and education, the possibility to work while studying, and a guaranteed one-year work visa upon graduation, with avenues to permanent employment, the Netherlands is becoming an increasingly attractive destination for international students. This trend is expected to continue in the foreseeable future. It is expected that this trend will continue into the indefinitely distant future.
The city of Utrecht, which is situated in the middle of the Netherlands, is well-known for the vibrant student community that resides there. It provides a magnificent and exciting urban environment that is full of creative people that have a lot of promise in their careers and the city itself is a stunning and fascinating urban environment. Utrecht, which is located in the Netherlands, is a city that is well-known for the high-quality bicycle infrastructure that it possesses. In addition, the compact layout of the city makes it simple to navigate from one place to another. Students get the opportunity to independently explore the city in a risk-free environment, which equips them with the necessary tools to discover the variety of undiscovered opportunities that are likely to be located around every corner. Utrecht is a progressive and forward-thinking city that incorporates sustainable practices and innovative ideas into its day-to-day operations in order to handle newly arising difficulties and fulfill its goals. This is the very last topic that the city is going to discuss, but it is a very important one. Utrecht was just just voted the region in Europe that is the most competitive as a result of its young and skilled labor force in addition to an effort made by the city as a whole to establish a society that is more conscious of its impact on the environment.
The conjunction of these two contributing aspects was the decisive component in the outcome of the contest, which we won. Utrecht is ranked as one of the top 10 cities in the world that has been able to maintain its anonymity despite its growing popularity, as stated by Lonely Planet. The student population of Utrecht is quite active, and it is comprised of a large range of clubs and organizations that are administered entirely by students. At the Parnassos Cultural Centre, one of the many extracurricular activities that are made available to students of Utrecht University through the university’s subsidiaries, you have the opportunity to explore your talents in the performing arts, take part in a creative workshop, or engage in other artistic endeavors. This facility is just one of many that are operated under the umbrella of Utrecht University. On top of that, the Olympos Sports Facilities that can be located on the campus of the Utrecht Science Park are of the finest standard and may be found there. These facilities can be used for either competitions involving teams or competitions involving individuals.
Utrecht has a rich and illustrious history that dates back around 2,000 years, as well as an architectural legacy that features buildings that range in age from very old to very new. Both of these aspects contribute to the city’s overall appeal. In addition, the city is home to a significant number of museums and galleries, which contribute to its extensive cultural history. The ancient city center of Utrecht has been meticulously preserved in a major part, and as a result, it currently features some of the most magnificent canals in the world, in addition to some of the most stunning parks, cafes, and cultural institutions in the city. The majestic Dom Tower dominates the skyline above the city of Utrecht, which is home to a dynamic nightlife in the form of theaters, bars, and shops, all of which add to the city’s singular character.
The Dutch have a propensity to have a more global perspective on a range of aspects of life that are encountered on a regular basis. The bulk of the population is fluent in English, frequently goes to other countries for vacation, and is accustomed to living in close proximity to people who may have been born in a foreign nation. Both the teaching staff and the student body of Utrecht University come from a total of over 118 different nations around the globe. It is not necessary to speak Dutch in order to get by in the Netherlands because the vast majority of people there have at least a fundamental understanding of English and are typically more than delighted to use it. As a result, learning Dutch is not required in order to get by in the Netherlands. As a direct consequence of this, communicating in English is not a challenging task.
Education at Utrecht University is characterized in that it is on the leading edge of academic growth, it is of the highest possible quality, and it is well-suited for the rigorous challenges that the future will bring. Utrecht University has maintained a position of prominence at the forefront of pedagogical development and innovation for a lot of years. Because there is a significant need for extraordinarily talented graduates on a global scale, the university has designed rigorous educational programs to cater to specific subgroups of students who are particularly talented and have a strong drive to succeed. This is demonstrated by the numerous initiatives that have been carried out in Utrecht, such as the University College Utrecht and the Utrecht Law College, both of which serve as illustrative examples. Additionally, this is evidenced by the numerous initiatives that have been carried out in the surrounding areas of Utrecht. An ongoing effort is made by the educational establishment to give a curriculum that is even more helpful, along with teachers who are capable of motivating students and pupils who have lofty academic ambitions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Utrecht University
Scholarship Country: Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: €11,000
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Students from the European Union and the European Economic Area are required to pay a statutory tuition charge of €11,000 every semester.
- Tuition charge in addition to the required income connected to a residence permit for study as defined by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year, for students who are not citizens of the European Union or the European Economic Area and who are required to pay the institutional tuition fee.
- The scholarship is eligible for renewal for the second year of a Master’s program that lasts for two years.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- If you meet the requirements to be considered for a scholarship and are a qualified applicant, you will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Your level of academic achievement and the outcomes of your previous education, as demonstrated by evidence such as grades, test scores, publications, and letters of recommendation;
- Your aspirations and potential in the topic of study that you have chosen;
- Your societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- Your letter of motivation for the Master’s program, including its content and its relevance to the program;
- The standard of the application itself in its own right (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
- You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- posses a secondary education diploma from a country other than the Netherlands;
- have been accepted into one of the Master’s programs offered by the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance that is taught in English and has a start date of September 1, 2023;
- If you do not fulfill one or more of these requirements, then it is immediately determined that you are not qualified for this award.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Utrecht University, Netherlands for Master 2022 UES Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarships open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to Utrecht University, please visit osiris.uu.nl.
- Send in your application for a master’s degree program: if you do not do this first, your application to UES-LEGITS will be removed without warning;
- Following the completion of an application for a Master’s program, you will be able to access the Osiris Online Application.
- external link
- Sign in using the username and password you created for Osiris;
- Simply select the “New application” link and continue;
- Please respond to the questions posed by UES-LEGITS and upload the following document: recommendation letter, it is acceptable to utilize the same letter that was used in the application for the Master’s degree;
- Submit your application.
- You will not be told of whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the deadline for the scholarship, and you will not be informed of whether you have been awarded the scholarship before you have been admitted to the program (un)conditionally. We are aiming to disseminate the findings before the middle of April. You will be notified of the outcome of your application for one of the selective Master’s programs offered by the Utrecht University School of Governance at the conclusion of the selection process, which will take place at the end of May or the beginning of June.
- The application deadline for Utrecht University, Netherlands for Master 2022 UES Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarships is January 1, 2023