The University Of Ghana Masters and PhD Soil Science Scholarship is only for nationals or residents of a West African country. The institution helps to train population scientists and develop high quality researchers in population and related disciplines who will help in providing solutions for solving development challenges in Ghana and beyond.
Application Deadline at The University of Ghana:- The 10th of January, 2020 .
Application Deadline for DAAD Applicants :- The 7th of February, 2020.
Eligible Countries :- Only West African Countries.
Scholarship type/level :- Masters and PhD.
The eligibility criteria for the application of the Masters/PhD scholarship are as follows:
1. The applicant must have successfully completed a three / four year University degree and obtained above average results. ( Minimum of second class upper division).
2. The applicant must show that he/ she is motivated and has strong commitment to study.
3. The applicant must have reasonable knowledge of the language of instruction.
4. The applicant must have completed their last University degree not more than 6 years ago as at the time of application.
5. The applicant must be a national or a permanent resident of a sub- Sahara African country.
6. The applicant must be a staff member of a public University, candidate for teaching or research staff recruitment from the public sector.
NOTE: The applicant for the PhD must provide the following above with exception of a successfully three/ four year University degree and obtained above average results with the inclusion of master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 to qualify.
Most importantly the applicant must be a national or permanent resident of a West African country.
Number of Scholarship:- Not specified
Value of Scholarship:- The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for one-year Master of Arts (MA) and four-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students.
To apply :- There are two steps. The First step includes Applying at University of Ghana and The Second step is the DAAD Application after which the University of Ghana will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal and Only the pre-selected candidates will be asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
Applicants should see the documents they are to submit for application in the link below:-