Currently closed for applications
Founded in 1920, Swansea University is one of the most reputable universities in the UK.Swansea University is a UK top 30 institution for research excellence (Research Excellence Framework 2014). Swansea University has been named as Welsh University of the Year 2017 by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
In April 2017 will begin a 3-year project on improving metal detection for the identification of security threats.
Candidates for this scholarship need to be members of some of the following sectors:
- The Department of Mathematics
- University College London (UCL)
- The Schools of Mathematics and Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- The University of Manchester (UoM)
Also, candidates need to have following certificates:
- Master’s degree (MEng, MMath, MPhys, MSc or MSci) in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- They should have achieved either 1st class or 2.1 undergraduate degrees and a distinction at postgraduate level (if appropriate).
The perfect candidate should also have properties an effective team worker and enthusiastic about working closely with end users and industry.
To apply, candidates need to send the following documents to Dr. P. D. Ledger firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Their CV which includes a transcript of marks
- Contact details and names of their referees
- Covering letter
The studentship covers an annual stipend of £14553, plus the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees.
Deadline for applying is 30 September 2017.