Scholarships for master’s degrees at the University of Lausanne (UNIL) are offered solely to students who have already graduated from an institution of higher education located outside of Switzerland and whose overall academic performance is of an exceptionally high standard. About 10 scholarships are awarded each year by the UNIL.
The scholarship is awarded for the minimum required number of academic years associated with the program that the student intends to pursue. It comes to a total of CHF 1,600 per month from the 15th of September until the 15th of July (or 10 months a year) for the entire duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the masters chosen), with the exception of situations in which the student fails the masters program for good after the first year. The fact that the amount of the scholarship that is offered is not enough to cover living expenses in Switzerland is brought to the candidates’ attention.
About the Scholarship:
Around 14,300 students and 3,000 researchers call the University of Lausanne, which is located on the shores of Lake Geneva, home. The university is a public establishment. The institution can trace its origins back to a Protestant school of theology taught in French that was established in 1537. The years led to an expansion in the total number of faculties, culminating in the establishment’s transformation into a university in 1890. It was originally located in the old part of Lausanne, but in 1970 it was relocated to its current location in Dorigny. The campus is connected to the city of Lausanne via means of public transportation. The University of Northern Ireland (UNIL) is comprised of seven faculties, with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine and the Faculty of Geosciences and Environment being the most recent additions in 2003. Approximately one third of the teaching staff and one fifth of the student body are international students. Over two million records are kept in storage at the Cantonal and University Library of Lausanne (BCUL), which is located in buildings that face out over Lake Geneva.
The university lays a strong focus on an interdisciplinary approach, and as a result, it ensures a close working relationship between its faculty and its student body. It offers researchers access to facilities that are up to date, as well as well-equipped lecture theaters that may be used by both faculty and students. Additionally, the college provides a comprehensive selection of continuing education options in addition to interdisciplinary classes. In addition, there are a variety of sporting and cultural activities that can be participated in on campus, such as scuba diving at the sports center and theater at the Grange de Dorigny. The University of Northern Cyprus (UNIL) possesses about 140 research and teaching units that are active in a wide variety of subjects, such as the aesthetics of cinema, genomics, and environmental legislation. At the tail end of the 20th century, the institution took part in a project that was designed to increase collaboration between the French-speaking universities of Switzerland, including Lausanne, Geneva, and Neuchatel, as well as the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
It offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs that are instructed in French, in addition to nine Master’s degree programs that are instructed in English and cover subjects such as Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, Business, Economics, and Life Sciences. Researchers who wish to explore their area of study in greater depth can choose from a variety of doctoral programs and other types of continuing education courses. Every day, over 3,000 researchers, including 580 professors, collaborate with their peers in Lausanne and in other locations across the world on various initiatives. More than 190 research teams are currently conducting investigations at UNIL, focusing on topics as varied as genomics, the aesthetics of film, environmental law, and forensic science. In an effort to actively develop an interdisciplinary approach to research, the University of Northern Ireland, Lisburn (UNIL) has lately established a number of research centers focusing on issues of national and worldwide significance.
At the University of Northern Ireland (UNIL), international students make up around one fifth of the total student body, and roughly half of the faculty members are themselves international students. And if the cultural richness brought about by the presence of more than 120 different nationalities on campus isn’t enough for you, everyone has access to exchange agreements with more than 360 different partners all over the world. The University of Northern Ireland in Lisburn (UNIL) is devoted to providing its students and staff with up-to-date technology and facilities. Innovative research endeavors thrive in settings that provide all the necessary resources, such as cutting-edge research equipment and facilities. The buildings are kept in good condition and are regularly modernized to accommodate the ever-evolving requirements of the people who use them. The primary campus is situated in an extraordinarily verdant and spacious lakeside setting with views over the Alps. It is only 10 minutes by metro from the center of the city. After spending the day reading in the library, this is the perfect spot to unwind.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Lausanne (UNIL)
Scholarship Country: Switzerland
Scholarship Worth: CHF 32,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- It comes to a total of CHF 1,600 per month from September 15th to July 15th (or 10 months a year) for the entire duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the masters chosen), with the exception of situations in which the student fails the masters program for good after the first year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- before enrolling in the master’s program at UNIL, you must have graduated from an overseas university with a degree that is recognized by UNIL as being equal to a bachelor’s degree.
- to have achieved a notable level of success during one’s academic pursuits, most notably by exceptionally strong academic performance.
- should have a language level of at least B2 (according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or at least C1 (according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught) in English.
- Having failed to register with UNIL
- in order to have paid the administration fee of CHF 200.00 (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
- Should the student decide to withdraw from the program, the scholarship will be terminated.
- The application deadline is November 1, 2018.
- Processing of applications by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) and the Admissions department takes place over the months of November and December (SII)
- Between the months of December and January, candidates who have submitted an application to the SASME for the scholarship that is either incomplete or has not been accepted by the admissions department are notified by the SASME that their application for the scholarship was not successful.
- Between the months of January and February, faculties are given complete applications to review in order to determine whether or not applicants are eligible for the master’s degrees of their choice.
- Between the months of February and March, candidates whose applications were not approved by the faculty are notified by the SASME.
- March is the month in which the candidates for masters scholarships that will be offered make their presentations to the selection board for masters scholarships.
- The decision of the selection board is communicated to the candidates in the beginning of April.
The University of Lausanne (UNIL) 2022 Masters Scholarships for International Students (Switzerland) is open to all International Students
During the academic year 2022-2023, the University of London, in collaboration with the World Academy of Sports (WAOS), will provide an online Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management for students from around the world who are interested in sports.
- Applicants are required to send their applications, once they have been completed (please refer to the document in the margin labeled “list of papers to attach to your application”), unbound, and solely by post to the following address:
- Université de Lausanne Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME) Batiment Unicentre CH – 1015 Lausanne Switzerland
- The candidate is required to properly sign the application form after completing it on a computer and submitting it.
- In addition to serving as an application for the master’s scholarship, the application also functions as an application for admission to the master’s program of your choice (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
The application deadline for the University of Lausanne (UNIL) 2022 Masters Scholarships for International Students (Switzerland) is November 1, 2022