Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship targets the mid-career public workers in Ethiopia who have over the time shown prowess and brilliance in regards to Leadership, innovation and policy making.
Closing date and time:
January 13, 2020; 12:00 GMT
Location of scholarship:
The fellowship is organized by Coventry University at different venues across UK, including London, Birmingham, Coventry and other regions, and also in Brussels, Belgium.
About the award:
This fellowship is scheduled to last for eight weeks with their programs bordering on
- Public policy and leadership for government.
- Management and public policies analysis
- Fact based policy making
- Policy delivery models and evaluation of policy impact.
- Public service leadership and impact
- Transparency, strategic setting, accountability and interactions with stakeholders.
- Change Management in Public Policy.
In addition, the selected candidates will embark on study visitation to number of UK and EU government organization and projects. All the candidates will be given an opportunity to practical policy-oriented projects which could involve a short placement in a relevant government agency. Other features including specialist guest talk from exemplified government leaders and decision makers and lesson sessions, as well as opportunities to make new friends.
Type of the award:
Eligibility for this award:
The applicant is expected to meet the following criteria to be eligible for Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Followership:
- Must be an Ethiopian National, who’s living in Ethiopia as a.t the time of applying
- Must be ready to return to Ethiopia at the completion of the program
- Must have adequate experience in public service before applying
- Must possess postgraduate certificate or equivalent in a relevant field of study as at the time of his application.
- Must be fluent in English speaking and writing
- Must have shown aspiration to raise through the rank of Ethiopian Public Service
- Not a dual citizen
- He must have displayed commitment to innovation and leadership development in the past.
Number of the awards:
The number of the award is not specified
Value of this award:
The program is fully sponsored, and applicants pay no any financial expense or whatever. Living cost for the period of fellowship and the travelling from Ethiopia to UK and the return will all be taken care of.
How To Apply:
Applicants are advised to go through all the application requirements in the Award Webpage and fill their application online.
Details on the scholarship and the online application form is available here