National Academy of Engineering (NAE), opens the Charles M. Vest NAE Grand Challenges Scholarship program which offers an exceptional opportunity for International Students to study and work at one of the US universities performing the primary research in either one or more areas described.
The objectives of the Vest Scholarships are to be responsible for a platform to exchange ideas, share problem-solving skills and to build up an international relationship in order to the development progress in a particularly serious global challenge in the twenty-first century.
The benefits of this award cover the living cost, travel expenses, tuition fees that will be covered by the host, an opportunity to spend a year at a leading US engineering school, Admission to relevant engineering classes and academic credit to their graduate degrees.
All International Students are welcome to apply, and this program can be taken in the USA.
To be eligible to apply the students must meet the following criteria such as:
- Students must be presently enrolled and in good standing in a qualified graduate-level, master’s or doctoral engineering or engineering-related programs at the time of application and through the scholarship year.
- There is an exception for the Ph.D. graduates from qualified schools who are interested in the field of engineering education may apply for a post-doctoral Vest Scholarship at Olin College.
- Olin will be accepting current post-docs students at eligible schools.
- Applications will be acknowledged by students at non-U.S. institutions that participated the 2013 NAE, Royal Academy of Engineering, Chinese Academy of Engineering Global Grand Challenges Summit hosted in London.
To apply for this scholarship student may visit their website for application forms and details though this is an online application
Note the Important Dates for this scholarship:
- August 1, 2017: Application forms open for 2018-2019 scholarships
- November 1, 2017: Deadline for submission of application for 2018-2019 scholarships
- February 15, 2018: Vest Scholarship winners will be contacted
- Summer 2018: Vest Scholars will start a year of study at their US host institution