The CANFIT is a private organization that funds several scholarships dedicated to nutrition, physical education, and culinary arts. This is offered for both graduate and undergraduate students.
The applicant can be American Indian, Asian American, Alaska Native, African-American, Latino/Hispanic, or Pacific Islander students. However, the applicant should be in dire need of financial support for nutrition, physical education, and culinary arts studies in California.
To submit an entry, the applicants are required to submit and possess the following requirements:
• Must be enrolled in a bachelor level program (for undergraduates) or in a doctoral graduate program (for graduates) at an accredited college/university in California.
• Must have 12-15 units of graduate course work having a GPA of 3.0 or higher (for undergraduates) and 50 semester units having a GPA of 2.5 or higher (for graduates)
• Graduates must possess a pre-professional practice program at an accredited college/university in California.
• For culinary arts, the applicant must be enrolled in a culinary school in California.
• For culinary arts, successful previous units are not required to be considered.
The chosen recipients of the scholarship will get a check which will be directly mailed to the college/university where the applicant is enrolled. It will be used to cover the cost of tuition and other school fees.