Currently closed for applications
The Microsoft Corporation is offering a scholarship to its black employees through the Blacks at Microsoft (BAM). This scholarship is dedicated to support the development and growth of black employees by giving $5,000 USD to two (2) successful recipients this year.
The Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship is renewable as long as the recipients are able to meet the requirements and criteria of the scholarship. They will still be able to get a total of $5,000 USD worth of financial assistance from the Microsoft Corporation.
Since the Microsoft Corporation is a well-known company, the application for this scholarship is quite stringent and requires the following standards:
• Must be a senior high school student with African descent
• Must attend a four-year course in a college/university prior to graduation
• Must be planning to attend a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business programs, computer information systems, or engineering.
• Shows keen interest intechnology
• Must possess a GPA of 3.3 or higher
• In need of financial assistance
To apply for the scholarship, the Microsoft Corporation requires the applicants to submit the following documents and requirements:
• A recommendation letter (two pieces, one must come from a staff member or faculty of the applicant’s school)
• Resume including work experience, awards, honors, and extracurricular activities.
• Picture of the applicant
• Latest transcript of grades (must be sealed by the school)
• Two essays
1. State your plans in the technology industry as your future career (less than 500 words)
2. State your financial need (less than 250 words)
The applicants must submit their application through mail on or before March 1 and they will receive a reply by April 15. The application must be submitted to this address:
You can also download the application form through this link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/1/4/3142F3B1-7A2C-4BE2-9CD3-A9FB8EA1F30E/BAM%20African%20American%20Heritage%20Scholarship%20Application.docx