A ‘City of Sanctuary’, Coventry lies just outside the University of Warwick’s city limits. As part of the ‘City of Sanctuary’ movement, the goal is to create a welcoming environment for persons fleeing conflict and persecution. It is with great pride that the University of Warwick was granted University of Sanctuary accreditation in 2017 for its efforts to provide an inclusive environment for those seeking refuge on and off campus. The Student Awards Agency in Scotland and Student Finance England (Wales and Northern Ireland) offer scholarships to students seeking refuge in the United Kingdom who are not eligible for statutory student financial support.
About the Scholarship:
The American University in Cairo (AUC), founded in 1919, is the region’s leading English-language university and the cultural and intellectual capital of the Arab world. There are more than 60 nationalities represented at AUC, with students and faculty members from around the world, and a thriving venue for cross-cultural understanding and discussion. Undergraduates can choose from 36 different programs, while graduate students have a choice of 44 master’s and two doctoral degrees based on AUC’s liberal arts curriculum. One of Egypt’s premier private business schools, AUC School of Business is dedicated to molding today’s bright and enthusiastic minds into tomorrow’s responsible change agents while establishing relevance and leadership in a constantly dynamic ecosystem. The School provides a wide choice of programs that go beyond the classroom to create a holistic and interesting learning experience, and it is housed within Egypt’s leading private university with a history spanning over seven decades. Accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA) as well as the European Quality Improvement System (EQIS) gives the School a distinct edge over other institutions of higher learning in Europe (EQUIS). Also approved by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education and Training, the School’s executive education programs (ACCET). At the American University in Cairo (AUC) school of business, we think that you should do more than just ride the wave of change; we believe in enabling individuals capable of managing the tides of change and succeeding in dynamic contexts. Through the use of a variety of hands-on learning materials and a faculty of competent educators, students at AUC will receive valuable experience both inside and outside the classroom as they pursue degrees in business administration and international relations in Africa and the Middle East. Cairo, one of the world’s top 100 study abroad destinations for international students, offers a unique and unforgettable study abroad adventure in the Middle East and North Africa. Cairo, a bustling metropolis with a rich history and modern amenities, caters to a diverse range of visitors. The city has long functioned as the cultural, political, and social center of the Arab world, bringing together the many peoples of the Middle East, Africa, and the Mediterranean.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): American University in Cairo (AUC)
Scholarship Country: Cairo, Egypt
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The following benefits will be awarded to those who are selected:
- The full tuition fee waiver will be provided to students until such time as they are granted status that allows them to access student finance. This is a non-repayable benefit.
- Until you are granted status that allows you to access student finance, you will be awarded a non-repayable grant equivalent to the maximum government Maintenance Loan available in 2022-23: £9,488* for students who live away from their parents’ homes, and £7,987* for students who live in their parents’ homes. This grant will be used to cover living expenses and course-related expenses until you are granted status that allows you to access student finance.
- Students who are awarded scholarships may also be considered for additional support that is equal to or greater than the Warwick Bursary, which will be administered by the Student Funding Team.
In the Psychology and Public Policy Research Unit (PSYPOL) at the University of Kent, applications are being accepted for a three-year PhD studentship with Dr Nikhil Sengupta. The position is supported by a grant from the European Research Council (ERC). The studentship will begin in September 2022. The University of Kent PhD Fellowships in Psychology is for Students who have earned or will earn a master’s degree in psychology or a related field with honors or distinction by June 2022 are eligible for this studentship
Eligibility for Scholarship.
No consideration will be given to applicants who do not meet all of the eligibility requirements for the award. In order to be considered for asylum, you must meet at least one of the qualifying criteria for asylum listed below, as well as all three of the eligibility criteria for education. You must be able to offer documentary evidence to support your claim that your circumstances correspond to each of the eligibility criteria.
Criteria for eligibility for asylum
- You must meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- You have applied for asylum in the United Kingdom or been included as a dependent (spouse or kid) on an asylum application, or you have taken advantage of one of the visa discounts available to Ukrainian nationals in the United Kingdom. Please take note of the following: In order to qualify for asylum, spouses or civil partners must have been married or in a civil partnership at the time of the asylum application. Children and stepchildren must have been under the age of 18 on the date on which the asylum application was submitted.
- The judgment on your asylum claim has been made, and you have been granted DLR (Discretionary Leave to Remain), LLR (Limited Leave to Remain), Humanitarian Protection, or any other type of temporary protection.
Criteria for eligibility in terms of education
- You must also meet ALL THREE of the following requirements.
- In addition, you must have received either a conditional or unconditional offer (or be in the process of receiving a decision) for one of the following courses beginning in September 2022:
- Programme for the Establishment of a Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree course in the International Foundation Programme
- a full-time course that can last up to three years a part-time course that can last up to one year
Please take aware of the following courses that are not eligible:
- Four-year graduate entry MBChB program at one of our partner institutions
- Year 1 Foundation courses at the Warwick Business School are based on module-based learning.
- Non-degree certificates and diplomas (Higher Education Diploma, Higher Education Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma)
- Due to your existing immigration status, you are unable to apply for or receive UK Government Student Financial Support (Tuition and Maintenance Loans).
- You have not received an undergraduate degree or a certificate equivalent to a degree from another institution or a different nation.
The AUC 2022 Egyptian Public Schools Scholarships is open to all International Students
- Interested in learning more and being qualified? To apply, visit the University of Warwick’s website at warwick.ac.uk.
- This is an open programme, and applications will be examined at any moment during the course of the year. However, it is conceivable that you will not be able to begin studying until a later date.
- When your application is received, it will be acknowledged through email, and it will only be approved if it is accompanied by a supporting statement from and signature of a referee. We may contact you and/or your referee in order to obtain more information or supporting paperwork, if necessary, from you. Within 6 weeks of submitting your application, you will be contacted to inform you of the decision or status of your application.
The application deadline for AUC 2022 Egyptian Public Schools Scholarships Is June 15, 2022