PhD Studentships in Psychology and Public Policy are being offered at the University of Kent. Applicants are encouraged to apply. A grant from the European Research Council will help fund the program for the next two years. Students who have earned or will earn a master’s degree in psychology or a related field with honors or distinction by June 2022 are eligible for this studentship.
About the Scholarship:
There are several reasons why students choose the University of Kent over other universities throughout the world. With two large campuses in the UK and specialized postgraduate centers all around Europe, the university hosts over 18,000 students from 152 different countries. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 places Kent among the UK’s top 50 universities. This handbook lists art history, social policy, and social work as three of the top ten subjects, and eight of the top twenty (anthropology; architecture; art and design; communications and media; German; law; linguistics; and theology). One percent of the world’s best business schools have been awarded ‘Triple Crown’ recognition. Kent’s academic institutions all create work of the highest caliber. Kent outperformed 11 of the best Russell Group universities in the most current Research Excellence Framework, which measures the intensity of a university’s research output. Because our academics are both researchers and teachers, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most well-known experts in your subject while you’re here. Among the many options available to students at Kent are a wide selection of foundation, undergraduate, and graduate degrees, as well as interesting study abroad and year-long placements in industry. Numerous Indian students attend our university each year to pursue a wide range of subjects, including computer science and artificial intelligence, business and management, and even the arts and humanities such as philosophy, philosophy of mind, and architecture.
We have a wide selection of funding options for international students who want to study at the University of Kent. General academic scholarships are available to undergraduate students, including the Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence and the International Scholarships. Scholarships from Kent Business School, Kent Law School, and Kent School of Psychology are available to post-graduate students. All students at the University of Kent can take lessons in English and other languages at the university’s Centre for English and World Languages. Prior to the commencement of the term, these courses can be taken as stand-alone courses or as modules that count toward a degree. There is a personal tutor allocated to each student who is available to help them with their academics or personal issues. Numerous generic and country-specific international student organizations exist as well. The Kent international team organizes foreign student events during Welcome Week and throughout the year, with specific Holi, Diwali, and Bollywood parties for Indian students. A number of financial aid options are available to international students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The University of Kent is dedicated to helping its students succeed professionally, and as such, it offers a variety of opportunities and resources to help them along the way. Awarded personal and career support is available to all students at the university. Internships, volunteer opportunities, a careers and employability advising service, Language Express, and JobShop are just some of the university’s many employment activities. There are numerous possibilities to gain practical experience, from our many industry placements to our Hub for Innovation and Enterprise, that will help you stand out from the crowd and land your ideal career after graduation. For students with a wide range of interests to choose from, we have a variety of student organizations, including sports and foreign groups, to choose from. There’s even a chance you’ll start your own group. The Indian Society organizes a number of events for students throughout the academic year. Some of their annual celebrations include Holi and Diwali, as well as Bollywood parties, during Welcome Week and throughout the year. Personal support services are available to all of our students. The Canterbury Medical Centre, the Counseling Service, the Disability and Dyslexia Support Service, and a multi-faith Chaplaincy team are just a few of the many resources available to students. Additional academic support services include the Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS), which provides free study support and advice. Those who choose Kent as their first choice for university housing are guaranteed a spot. All postgraduate rooms at the Canterbury campus are en suite and self-catered. Nearby student villages offer flats, studios and shared houses where students can live together in a collegiate arrangement. In flats of five to eight persons, the rooms at the Medway Campus are entirely newly constructed and en suite. The University of Kent has four campuses, two of which are located in the United Kingdom and two of which are located around Europe. Self-contained Canterbury campus offers a welcoming environment and close-knit student community to all of its students. Life on campus is centered around six colleges, the Templeman Library, the Mandela Building (the Kent Union’s headquarters), and the Gulbenkian arts center. A 25-minute walk from Canterbury’s city center takes you to the university’s campus. The city itself exudes a cheerful and welcoming vibe. Check out historic buildings, bustling bars, quaint taverns, and a variety of shops. We’re the closest UK city to continental Europe, so you can be in Paris, Brussels, or Lille in two hours by high-speed rail from our city.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University Of Kent
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £15,609
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
A stipend (£15,609 per annum in 2021-22) is provided in addition to tuition fees at the Home rate (£4,500 per annum in 2021-22) to assist with living expenses throughout your time at the university. In most cases, this level of financial assistance is guaranteed to the awardee, subject to the awardee’s performance; however, in some cases, further assistance may be offered for overseas candidates in special situations.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be considered, candidates must meet the following requirements in their entirety:
- However, this studentship ensures only the Home rate of costs coverage with the option of additional support for overseas candidates in specific circumstances, and is open to all students who pay tuition fees.
The number of universities in Lithuania that provide reduced or free tuition to overseas students is substantial. The Lithuanian government has a strong interest in luring overseas students to the country’s numerous higher education institutions. Lithuanian Scholarship for International Students 2023 is an excellent opportunity for students from all around the world.
The University of Kent, UK 2022 ERC PhD Fellowships in Psychology is open to all International Students
- Is this something you’d be interested in? To apply to the University of Kent, visit their website.
- On April 10th, 2022, at 23:59 (UK time), all completed applications will be considered.
- All of the following must be included in a completed application:
- All the necessary information is needed to apply to the University of Kent for a PhD in Psychology.
- In pdf format, a transcript of all degree, undergraduate, and postgraduate grades to date.
- Two academic referees’ names and e-mail addresses. By the same day, reference materials must be received. Please allow enough time for your referees to answer to the reference request that is automatically emailed after you submit your PhD application in KentVision.
- PDF of a current resume in its entirety.
- To be eligible for the ERC-funded Psychology PhD Studentship, you must submit a 1-2 page covering letter explaining why you are qualified. Include your research interests and how you think the data provided by this project can help you pursue them in this letter, if applicable. To ensure that your application is received, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information: KentVision application number. Please contact Dr. Nikhil Sengupta at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns concerning the scholarship.
- Note that the PhD application form in KentVision has additional fields and word count guidelines that are not relevant to this competition, so please follow the instructions above. ERC-funded PhD studentships are available in fields such as “reasons for study” and “research proposal.
The University of Kent, UK 2022 ERC PhD Fellowships in Psychology Is April 10, 2022. It is worthy to note that the University of Kent, UK 2022 ERC PhD Fellowships in Psychology is renewable each year