The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is designed for high-performing international students who may wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and are devoted to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who plan to return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
American University, Washington DC, US
Level/Field of Study
All undergraduate study that is offered at the university
Number of scholarships
Only one scholarship is available
The scholarship is designed for international students that are not citizens of the U.S, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the United States and another country.
This grant for school will cover for all billable AU expenses, including tuition and boarding. The scholarship, however, does not cover non-billable expenses such as airline tickets, mandatory health insurance, and miscellaneous expenses. The scholarship value is approximately US $4,000.
It is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study, provided there is satisfactory academic performance.
Preference will be given to;
- International students who have summoned different challenges and obstacles as well as those from underrepresented socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Students with a 3.8 minimum GPA or its equivalent for 9th-12th grades, or must belong in the top 10% of graduating class
- Students who demonstrate a commitment to community service, volunteerism, leadership, and to the advancement of the needs of people in their home country.
- Students that are enrolled in secondary/high school and will be graduating by June 2019.
– U.S citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S and other country are not eligible to apply
– Students who have begun any post-secondary study or enrolled in any university in their hometown or the United States are not eligible to apply
– Students who graduated secondary school earlier than 2017
Students must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common, or Coalition Application, and international admissions process which would be available after 1 September 2019. Applications must be completed by 15th December 2019 or latest 15th January 2020.
To access the application form and know more about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website
Complete the online AU EGLS application and Questions 1-4. The application will be available after September 1, 2019.
Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results if available. These can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf.