For the academic year of 2022-2023, the University of London offers a prestigious scholarship, the B.S Chimni Scholarship for the Master’s in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies. The course can be taken by Distance learning and will be offered to outstanding international or refugee students.
The scholarship award was established to celebrate the achievements of Professor B.S Chimni, one of the renowned international experts in Law. The scholarship award will be given in Oc tober 2022 and will be intended for the students in specified countries who can demonstrate their academic excellence and must be able to gain access to their Master’s Degree in Refugee Protection and a resident of the following Countries:
- Sri Lanka
Scholarship Provider: University of London
About the Provider
The University of London is one of the UK’s leading providers of digital and integrated distance learning services, providing services to 45,000 students in 190 countries around the world. While there is interest in London, our community and its impact are global. Established by the Royal Charter in 1836 as the Examination Board for the education of undergraduate students at University College London and King’s College London. The school offers a variety of programs.
The university is a national leader in the people and promotes people-to-people and business benefits through knowledge creation and exchange. They are also a union of 17 colleges, and collaboration is the foundation of our soul. The University of London Federation is a collaborative community of over 240,000 students and 50,000 staff, providing international research across all disciplines. Their commitment to providing access to education and promoting the strength and expertise of the Federation is fundamental to their ability to transform the lives of the international community and solve the global problems of tomorrow.
UCL has a history of excellence and many faculty members work steadily as it is one of the best universities in the world in its field. Global research, global impact, and impact across a wide range of disciplines. The school offers an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen their language skills and make them more productive in the future.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International and Refugee
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Refugee Protection and Forced Migration
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Mode of Study: Online
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Are you eligible for the Scholarship?
Before proceeding with the scholarship application, the applicants must make sure to meet the qualification of the scholarship.
- Must be undertaking the Master’s Degree in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration and has already had an offer to study at the University of London for the Distance Learning mode of study.
- Must be a resident and citizen of the following countries: Cambodia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence and achievements for the potential of their studies and must be able to provide evidence of their past achievements.
- Must be holding an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to the United Kingdom’s grading and degree system.
- Must be unable to take the offer of a place to study at the University of London for the Master’s degree in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies due to financial circumstances.
Refugees and students who have displacement backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program. The students who are currently studying at the university are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
All applicants who have completed a master’s in Refugee Protection are welcome to apply for the BS Chimni Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria. Scholarship applications are submitted in a separate online form for admission to the master’s program.
Applicants are required to provide a detailed description of their past accomplishments, employment, personal information, and financial circumstances that affect this study. Candidates will also provide a brief description of their commitment to applying for the master’s program and scholarships. All applications are reviewed for eligibility using the school process and you will be notified of your application in a timely manner. Unfortunately, the university will be unable to provide personal feedback on the app.
- The students must download the scholarship application for,m.
- Once the application is completed, the application form must be emailed to [email protected]
- Keep in mind that it is important to read all the instructions of the application forms thoroughly to be able to be considered.
- The BS Chimni Scholarship is awarded to the University of London’s Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies program specializing in distance learning according to the application process described in the attached application form.
- The students will not be considered for the B.S. Chimni Scholarships Until the Approval of Refugee Protection and Forced Resettlement Masters in Distance Education from the University of London.
- If you are a current student or applied for these scholarships and have been rejected will not be considered.
- At the end of each school year, students must write a short report outlining their research and its implications. Failure to comply with this instruction may result in termination of the scholarship award.
- BS Chimni scholarships are reviewed annually and are non-transferable. Students who receive a BS Chimni scholarship but then drop out of school will not be eligible for the BS Chimni scholarship. Students who drop out will continue to receive the BS Chimni scholarship as long as they graduate within the stipulated time and pay the required fees.
- The students must agree to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship program.
The University of London will be providing an award amounting to £9,017 which can be used for the successful student’s fees, course module fees, and registration fees.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 17, 2022.