The Johnson Group, which specializes in recruitment for the public sector, will be providing funding for this award. Both permanent and temporary positions in the public sector are sought after by The Johnson Group in the areas of management, policy, human resources, communications, and marketing. They stay one step ahead of what employers and candidates need and expect by analyzing government legislation, anticipating trends, and analyzing developments in the job market.
The Johnson Group, who are experts in public policy, want to give something back to the community, therefore they have established a scholarship that will assist a student in completing a Postgraduate Certificate in Public Policy. Students will also be provided with job experiences and access to professional networks in order to facilitate their transition into the workforce following graduation.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The original batch of undergraduates at what would become Victoria University enrolled in the school in 1897. The main campus can be found in Kelburn, a Wellington suburb. About two kilometers (1.2 miles) out from the city center is the neighborhood of Kelburn. Several architecture and design schools, as well as the Law Faculty, which is part of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration, can be found in the heart of the city.
If you want to make friends and get involved with campus life in New Zealand, join one of the many student clubs and organizations. New Zealand’s Kelburn campus is where you’ll find schools of education, engineering, medicine, sociology, and the arts and sciences. Pipitea Campus is the second location’s official name. It is situated in close proximity to the real seat of government and serves as the nerve center for all matters pertaining to the administration of law, money, and government in New Zealand. The School of Design and Architecture and other academic departments can be found on the university’s third and largest campus, Te Aro. And you might be surprised to learn that Victoria University sits smack dab in the heart of Auckland’s financial sector.
Consider pursuing post-studies bachelor’s as a viable alternative. In the vicinity of a thousand hardworking educators who want nothing but the best for their children are employed there. Victoria University is a good option for students who want to obtain practical experience in their field of study because it is home to more than forty research groups and centers. Both the campus and the surrounding area are routinely ranked among the best in the world. This suggests that it’s open to many different forms of beauty. During the lunch break, there will be a variety of programs and activities for attendees to enjoy. Because of its proximity to major thoroughfares, the university is often considered a viable option to driving to work. An impressive number of prominent figures in the past received their education at Victoria University. You have probably heard of Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst.
Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand ranks first in research intensity, the single best predictor of a university’s commitment to research. About forty different types of laboratories are accessible on campus for usage by students. Internships, excursions, and research projects give students the chance to hone their critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. The university already has more than 170 different majors, so these are just more options for students.
Our devotion to the tikanga Mori begins and ends at Te Herenga Waka, the marae (Mori meeting house and grounds) on our campus (Mori cultural traditions). All members of a student’s “whnau,” the Maori word for family, are warmly welcome on this campus. The university’s rehabilitation of a marae as part of its Living P project is another great initiative because it promotes more cultural awareness and appreciation. Members of the community have established a living lab known as The Living P in an effort to make the globe a more egalitarian, sustainable, and just environment for everyone. University of Wellington faculty and students can take advantage of the city’s proximity to New Zealand’s governmental, cultural, economic, and scientific institutions by living in Wellington.
The Kelburn campus of the University of Auckland is conveniently located near the New Zealand Parliament, where laws are debated and ultimately enacted. Wellington, New Zealand may be New Zealand’s second-smallest city, but it packs a big punch in terms of its many museums, theaters, and galleries. The city’s reputation rests not only on the excellence of its food and coffee, but also on the feelings of security, friendliness, and openness of its people. Valuable ethical qualities such as mutual regard, fairness, accountability, and kindness are emphasized at the University. These ideas are held in the highest esteem.
Sustainability, social responsibility, community participation, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency are all values that we hold dear, and the fact that we give them such a prominent place in our work is proof of our commitment to these ideals. By fostering students’ intellectual and emotional development, the school demonstrates its dedication to its guiding ideals. International students at the institution have access to a dedicated support staff that is there to answer any inquiries or address any problems they may have during their stay there. Thus, one of the key goals of the curriculum of Victoria University of Wellington is to teach students how to communicate effectively with individuals from all over the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $8,804
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- There is a potential cost of up to $8,804 for various fees and levies.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates for this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand who is enrolled in a postgraduate program at Te Herenga Waka–Victoria University of Wellington on a part-time basis.
- descended from M?ori or other Pacific Islanders.
- This grant will be awarded to those who have demonstrated a strong desire to advance their careers in the field of public policy.
- a committee that includes the Academic Programme Lead, the Public Policy Lead, and at least one other academic from the programme.
- It is anticipated of the winner that they will express their gratitude to the donor in the form of a letter within one month of being presented with the prize.
- In addition, The Johnson Group will collaborate with the head of the academic program to offer students guidance on their future careers.
The Victoria University of Wellington 2023 Tae Whakemua – Reaching forward – The Johnson Group Scholarship, New Zealand is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply for a scholarship with Victoria University of Wellington, go to wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com. Community Force is the platform through which all scholarship applications must be submitted.
- On the closing date, applications must be submitted online, in their entirety, no later than 4:30 p.m. Applications that are either late or not complete will not be considered. In order for the application to be taken into consideration, all necessary supporting documentation—including references—must be received on or before the closing date and time, which is 4:30 p.m.
- In most cases, the call for applications will be issued one month before the deadline. In the event that an application link is not provided below, please check back closer to the submission deadline. Contact us if you have any queries.
The application deadline for Victoria University of Wellington 2023 Tae Whakemua – Reaching forward – The Johnson Group Scholarship, New Zealand is January 31, 2023.