The Overseas Student Help Program (OS-HELP) is a loan program that provides financial assistance to Australian students who are eligible to study in another country. At any time during the academic year, students may submit an application for an OS-HELP loan (within 6 months of the start of overseas travel). Note, however, that the University only has a limited amount of OS-HELP loans available, and this allocation may be depleted prior to the conclusion of any given year. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
A second campus for the University of Adelaide was constructed in the suburb of Bedford Park thanks to a donation of around 300 acres of land from local citizens in 1960. Possible land size is 150 acres. As a result, Flinders University came into being. Building commenced in 1962 following an initial year of preparation and planning. Upon achieving state power in 1965, the Australian Labor Party (ALP) was able to use election profits to buy land in Bedford Park and develop a university there. Having discovered they had succeeded, they decided this was the best course of action. Since it opened its doors to its first class of students on July 1, 1966, Flinders University has been considered as Australia’s top academic institution. Matthew Flinders, a British explorer and geographer, is acknowledged for his efforts by having his name linked to this area. Until the passing of the University Act in the United States, universities and colleges could not lawfully operate. Only 400 students and 90 teachers showed up to class that frigid March day in 1966.
Prominent scholars The first permanent tenants were Sir Mark Mitchell and Peter Karmel. This combination is the university’s inaugural Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. Flinders University’s main campus and its satellite campuses are positioned in fantastic spots around southern Australia. The main campus is situated in Bedford Park, approximately 12 kilometers from the core of the city. There are a variety of spaces for students to study, work, and learn on campus, including computer labs, study rooms, a library, and public areas with free wireless internet. The baseball diamond and softball field are conveniently located close to the football field, volleyball court, and basketball court. A fantastic area to study is in Victoria Square, right in the heart of Adelaide’s financial district. All schools revolve around their campuses.
There is a branch of Flinders University in the South Australian town of Tonsley. The University of Adelaide has campuses in Melbourne and Darwin in addition to its flagship campus in Canberra. Additionally, it features regional campuses located strategically around the United States. Business, the arts, education, engineering, the health sciences, and public administration are just few of the many disciplines represented at Flinders University. Many different educational institutions all around the world make going overseas to school a real possibility. Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia can compete with China in the job market. Among the university’s more than 26,000 students are more than 2,600 faculty and staff members. These measures are being taken to guarantee the university’s continued membership in the elite IRU (Innovative Research Universities) consortium (IRU)
Graduates are able to apply to postgraduate programs in Canada, China, the United Kingdom, and Germany because to the university’s extensive network of international partnerships. Many of today’s global leaders are former students at Australia’s Flinders University. In recognition of his exceptional contributions to television, Mario Andreacchio was awarded an Emmy. He’s done work on both the acting and producing sides of the camera. Alex Frayne’s photography and filmmaking are gaining widespread recognition. Noni Hazlehurst is a talented actress, director, and pianist, but she is best known for her work in the movies. She is the recipient of two AFI and one ARIA award (ARIA).
The Oscar for Best Picture went to Scott Hicks’ biopic Shine, which was based on the life of singer David Helfgott. Hicks conceived and oversaw the operation. Hicks contributed significantly more to the film than merely writing the story and helming the production. The film was his responsibility as executive producer, and he had to see it through to the end. As prime minister, Hicks has done an excellent job of steering Tonga. It is undeniable that Dr. Brendon Coventry has made significant contributions to the disciplines of immunology and surgery. In particular, his discovery of the immunological cycle is essential. Only he knew he had finally located it. It’s hardly surprising that Christopher Pearson’s work is well-liked given his status as a well-known journalist. Not only did he edit “The Adelaide Review,” but he also wrote speeches for former Australian Prime Minister John Howard. He picked up a wealth of knowledge across his two careers.
As a poet, Sudesh Mishra has garnered a great deal of acclaim. The notable teachers and alums are also highlighted. There’s a link on the main page that will take you to the online membership directory. Given its proximity to so many other big cities, Adelaide makes for a fantastic starting place for weekend road adventures. The soft mountains and golden dunes of this region are instantly recognizable. However, there is currently no workable plan for accomplishing such journeys. One of the top five best locations to live in the world in 2016, according to the Global Liveability Study. That’s a rather predictable outcome. Attracts many international students because of its relatively low cost of living in compared to other global hubs. Several sources agree that Adelaide has a 14% cheaper cost of living than other major Australian cities. Given the general decline in Australia’s cost of living, students now have more disposable income with which to enjoy the country’s many low-priced tourist attractions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $8,519
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The amount of financial support that will be provided by OS-HELP to each student who is accepted into the program will equal the amount the student has requested, but it will not exceed that amount;
- $7,100 (if you will not be studying in Asia); or $8,519 (if you will be studying in Asia); plus an additional $1,133 (if you will be conducting an Asian language study expressly in preparation for study in Asia).
Eligibility for Scholarship
- A student must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for consideration for aid from OS-HELP:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen who has been a long-term resident of Australia since childhood and meet certain eligibility criteria (see the Study Assist website for details); and be undertaking a course of study as a Commonwealth supported student, leading to a higher education award at Flinders University; and have successfully completed at least 36 units of study undertaken in Australia towards the qualification; and
- A student will not be eligible for OS-HELP support if they meet any of the following criteria:
- has been granted OS-HELP more than once, or has been given an OS-HELP loan for a study period that overlaps with another six month period.
- The applicants whose applications are successful in meeting the eligibility requirements will be ranked according to their academic merit, which will be determined by the applicant’s grade point average (GPA) for their most recent 36 units of study, as well as the degree to which the applicant’s studies at Flinders University will benefit from the proposed program of overseas study. Students who are currently participating in an exchange program that has been sanctioned by the International Office of Flinders University will be given preference. The winner will be chosen by a committee that is made up of members of the International Scholarships Committee as well as the Director of Student Administration and Systems or their nominees. Within a span of two months after the application deadline, those who have expressed interest in applying for OS-HELP will get written notification of the results of the selection process. Applicants who are selected to receive an OS-HELP Loan will be sent a letter of offer that outlines the terms and conditions of the loan.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Flinders University 2022 OS-HELP Scholarship Loans is open to all International Students
- The application procedure for an OS-HELP loan consists of two stages:
- Applications must be submitted digitally through the Student Information System at Flinders University. In order to submit an application, applicants will first need to log in and then select the My Scholarships tab from the menu. The application is referred to by its name, “OS-HELP.”
- When you have finished submitting your application online, it will be evaluated once it has been received. In the event that you satisfy all of the prerequisite conditions for eligibility and your application is accepted, you will be required to provide Student Finance Services with an OS-HELP debt confirmation form.
- Please visit the website for the Australian Government’s Study Assist program for additional information regarding OS-HELP support, including specifics regarding repayment, or download the 2022 OS-HELP Statement of terms and conditions.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 OS-HELP Scholarship Loans is December 31, 2022