The Cowrie Scholarship Foundation and the University of Manchester have formed a partnership to provide financial assistance to students of Black African and Caribbean descent who come from socioeconomically under-represented homes who want to further their education.
Over the next ten years, the Cowrie Scholarship Foundation plans to provide financial support to one hundred Black students attending colleges in the United Kingdom. Applicants are required to have a primary residence in the UK and to have an enrollment date in September 2023 for their first semester of undergraduate education. If you continue to make adequate academic progress, you will be eligible to maintain the scholarship throughout the remainder of your current course of study. Students enrolled in any degree program are eligible for two of the available scholarships, while students enrolled in a degree program offered by the Faculty of Science and Engineering are eligible for all four of the available scholarships.
About the Scholarship Provider:
In 2004, Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) merged to become the University of Manchester as it is today. The University of Manchester’s main campus can be found on Oxford Road in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. It was constructed of red brick as a public research university and was influenced by the civic university movement of the late 19th century. The Russell Group of prestigious universities includes this prestigious institution. That’s the word I’ve gotten. Check out the referenced article for further information. The institution provides training for those seeking professional certificates as well as bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. For the 2018-2019 school year, the total enrollment at all campuses was 40,250, and there were over 10,400 teaching and staff members.
The University of Manchester is organized into three primary divisions, each of which include a number of specialized schools. The University of Michigan’s Faculty of Biology, Medicine, and Health comprises the Schools of Biological Sciences, Medicine, and Health Sciences. The Faculty of Biology, Medicine, and Health houses all three of these disciplines. The Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto is divided into the School of Natural Sciences and the School of Engineering. The Manchester Business School, the Schools of Combined Studies, Education, Environment and Development, Architecture, Law, the Social Sciences, and the Manchester School of Art and Design are all part of the Faculty of Humanities at Manchester University. Manchester is also home to the Manchester Business School in addition to the Faculty of Humanities.
It’s generally accepted that the University of Manchester has the largest Students’ Union in the entire country of the United Kingdom. The Students’ Union at the University of Manchester is the largest and most visible student organization there. The union was founded by undergraduates from both UMIST and the University of Manchester. The culmination of their efforts was the establishment of a student government union. The Union, in contrast to other organizations, is led not by a single person but by a group of eight people who are equally invested in the organization’s success. Their primary objective is to strengthen the Union as a whole.
There are a number of student recreation centers where students may get in some additional exercise, and extracurricular sports participation is widely emphasized. The Aquatics Centre, the Sugden Sports Centre, the Wellness Rooms on campus, and the Armitage Sports Complex in Fallowfield are just few of the places in Manchester where you can find this service. There are various sporting centers in Manchester, including the Sugden, Manchester Aquatics, and the Armitage.
The University of Manchester provides its students with numerous resources, including counseling services, free sports and well-being activities, and seminars to develop academic and personal skills such as time management, essay writing, and reference. You don’t have to pay anything to get your hands on any of these tools. When taken as a whole, these elements further demonstrate the school’s commitment to the kids’ holistic development. The idea of social responsibility is studied extensively at the University of Manchester. The Ethical Grand Challenge provides a platform for student collaboration on global issues, complementing the many volunteer activities available in the city.
Lord Terence Burns, Chairman of Santander UK; Professor Brian Cox OBE, Physicist and Science Communicator; Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of Oxfam International; Benedict Cumberbatch, CBE, Actor; and many more are just a few of the famous people that graduated from the University of Manchester. Gareth Williams, Bonamy Grimes, and M.P. Chuka Umunna founded Skyscanner. Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation, and Skills in the United Kingdom was a British legislator named Chuka Umunna. The event has been hosted by notable figures like Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and Bollywood star Parineeti Chopra. Parineeti Chopra, Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England for the United Kingdom Government, BBC News’ Sophie Raworth, and Sir Philip Craven MBE have also taken part. There are a lot of famous people here, including Parineeti Chopra and Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £8,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Your home tuition fees in the United Kingdom will be covered by the scholarship, and you will also receive a maintenance stipend of up to £8,000 every year of your course of study. The scholarship will continue to be awarded to you for the duration of your current academic program.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The applicant must self-identify as being a member of one of the following ethnic groups in order to be considered:
- Black or British people who are black – Caribbean Islands
- Black or British people who are black – Africa-RelatedCaribbean people who are a mix of white and black
- Africans who are a mix of white and black
- Another background that is black
- You must have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a first undergraduate full-time degree program at The University of Manchester by the applicable UCAS deadline in order to begin your studies at The University of Manchester in the 2023/2024 academic year.
- have been given the ‘home’ student fee status after having their fee status evaluated.
- Have an annual household income that is less than or equal to 25,000 pounds.
- You should submit an application for income-based financial support from the United Kingdom government for higher education students to the regional student funding authority in your area. Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland, and the Student Awards Agency for Scotland are the regional student funding authorities. Student Finance Scotland is also a regional student funding authority. Make that the university has your permission to use the information to establish eligibility, and that you have granted your approval to share the information with the university.
The UEA 2023 Sport Individual Scholarship for International Students is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application to the University of Manchester, please visit www.qualtrics.manchester.ac.uk.
- As part of the application process, they would like for you to submit a personal statement that is no longer than 700 words and explains how you will contribute to the organization in the following ways:Why receiving the award might be advantageous to your academic pursuits
- How it might assist you in achieving the academic goals that you have set for yourself
- How the knowledge you’ve gained via your study can help your local community or society in the long run
- Which of your accomplishments, both academic and personal, are you the most pleased with? One example of this is succeeding despite having to deal with difficult personal circumstances. There is no correct or incorrect response to these questions; they are interested in learning about your own narrative. This should be done offline, and then the ‘Choose File’ button found in question 15 should be used to upload the statement.
The application deadline for the UEA 2023 Sport Individual Scholarship for International Students is May 14, 2023.