Can you say that you’re the first member of your family to enroll in and graduate from a university with a bachelor’s degree? Do you make an effort to improve the quality of life for others around you? If you said yes, then maybe you might consider giving some of your time to a local Scholarship.. Den Hollander Scholars at Deakin University have the resources to pursue their boldest dreams, whether they involve bringing about a revolution in an industry, conducting groundbreaking research, or giving back to their communities. Only recipients of the den Hollander Scholarship are eligible to apply.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Alfred Deakin, Australia’s second prime minister, inspired the naming of the university that bears his name in 1974. The best university in Australia has long been a leader in developing cutting-edge methods of distance education. The university has been recognized with two prominent awards: the Bronze Oceania Award and the QS Wharton Reimagine Education Global Award (2018). Because of their innovative methods in teaching and conducting research, and because of the caliber of their employees, this company has gained widespread acclaim. This is why parents from all over the world send their kids to this fantastic educational institution. Located in the city of Geelong Waurn Ponds in the state of Victoria, Australia, The Deakin University also has four more campuses in other parts of the state. The Geelong Waterfront Campus of the University of Geelong was established in 1994 and today serves a student body of over 5,000.
Warrnambool and a Melbourne suburb both host campuses of this university. Every one of the various college and university campuses offers a different take on the traditional college experience. Deakin University has been ranked as the sixteenth top university in Australia by QS in their 2020 university rankings. The academic community has received praise for its innovative spirit both within and outside the borders of the country. The university’s campuses are well-known for their state-of-the-art facilities, and the school as a whole gives students access to several degree programs. The university also offers a dedicated employment webpage loaded with helpful materials for its recent graduates. The institution offers a plethora of opportunities for students to learn, socialize, and unwind due to the numerous programs and spaces created specifically with them in mind.
This evolving organization betters not just the future, but also the present. The university’s faculty and staff have made available hundreds of courses for students to take. These include 106 courses for undergraduates, 171 courses for graduate students, and 43 courses for students pursuing research degrees. Arts and humanities, social sciences, business, law, medical, psychology, information technology, and environmental science courses are just some of the many available. It is possible for students to tailor their university experience to their own interests and professional goals thanks to the breadth of knowledge and expertise offered by the faculty. Health, business, psychology, social and economic development, and nursing are just few of the many disciplines covered. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the university’s rich academic resources as well as the university’s more than 150 student groups and societies, which welcome students from all academic disciplines. The university has gone above and beyond by creating a digital assistant that has received many awards to help its students keep on top of their work and make the most of their time on campus.
Students at any of Deakin’s campuses will be a part of vibrant, attractive neighborhoods that are conducive to academic success. It is common knowledge that most colleges and universities are located in close proximity to a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and service providers who may meet the needs of the local student population. Food and beverage establishments, pharmacies, coffee shops, health clubs, and general merchandise stores all fall under this category. Briony Cole, Julie Attwood (a member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly), Carolyn Hardy (the CEO of UNICEF), and Emma Alberici (an ABC journalist) are just a few of the well-known alumni of this university (Gold Medalist, Commonwealth Games 2006).
Deakin University consistently ranks among the best in Australia and the world for the caliber of its academic programs and the breadth and depth of its research. The arts, sciences, sports, nutrition, architecture, business, law, medicine, optometry, engineering, nursing, psychology, and education are just some of the areas of study available at Deakin University’s four schools. Deakin University places a premium on research, and the university’s many research centers and institutes have earned a reputation for encouraging interdisciplinary and cross-institutional cooperation.
It is also consistently placed among the top one percent of colleges worldwide. New and better products and services that are beneficial to both company and society at large can be directly attributed to the ideas generated. Deakin Institution in Victoria, Australia, has been voted the finest university in the state for the last ten years in a row by its own students. The staff and students at Deakin University care deeply about their students’ academic progress, which is why they offer a wide range of flexible learning options.
Deakin University partners with organizations all around the world to give its students access to a wide range of academic and professional opportunities. Deakin University is unique in that it accepts students from a wide variety of demographics and encourages them to apply via non-traditional means. The recent student poll at Deakin University shows that general satisfaction is still quite high despite the problems of the first trimester due to COVID-19. Deakin University is dedicated to strengthening the quality of the student experience and the exceptional quality of our online education, all of which have contributed to the institution’s ability to maintain a high level of student satisfaction throughout 2018 and into 2019.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $8000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- This scholarship provides up to $8000 in cash payments spread over a year.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- be a student from your home country
- be enrolled as a full-time student at Deakin University in the second or third year of your first undergraduate bachelor’s degree during the first trimester of 2023; have a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) that is at least 70; and furthermore.
- be able to give proof that you completed at least portion of your secondary education at a public high school in Australia at some point during the course of your educational career.
- You will bring pride to your family by being a member of the first generation in your family to attend a higher education institution.
- be able to provide concrete evidence of an extraordinary level of commitment to the goal of improving the lives of people in our communities.
The Application must Include the Following Forms and Documents
- As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload any relevant supporting material that is still relevant at this time.
- If you want to be considered for this award, you will need to demonstrate that you have contributed to your community in some way, whether it be through volunteer work or other forms of service.
- In addition to this, you are required to submit evidence that you completed your secondary education at a public institution located in Australia.
The following types of documentation are admissible in their respective formats:
- The outcome of the Victorian Certificate of Education examination (VCE).
- report card
- official statement on letterhead of the school, signed by an administrator, certifying the number of years you were enrolled there as part of that institution’s student body.
- Statutory Declaration in which you identify the name of the institution of higher education that you attended as well as the academic years that you spent there.
- When you are uploading your documents, it is very crucial to make sure that you select the correct type of document for domestic scholarships. This will be significant in its impact. In the event that the papers you have provided are of the incorrect type, they will not be taken into consideration while the application that you have submitted is being evaluated. It is important to keep in mind that the provision of quality, rather than quantity, should be your primary priority. Your goal should be to hand in papers that are current, relevant, and as succinct as you can make them
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Deakin University Australia The Den Hollander Scholarship, 2023 open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to Deakin University, please visit applicantportal.deakin.edu.au.
- The application deadline for Deakin University Australia The Den Hollander Scholarship, 2023 is February 3, 2023.