The Northern Illinois University offers the Staff Fellowship Program that will be available to international students for the academic year of 2022-2023. The Office of the President tries to recognize an individual from the Steady Proficient Staff or Working Staff keen on serving an extended, full-time proficient foster partnership. The Office of President Staff Individual will be relegated to extraordinary tasks expected to complete the elements of the Office of President and will be managed the cost of expert improvement opportunities. The individual will be delegated for the 2023 Schedule Year and will answer to the President’s Head of Staff.
The Staff Fellowship Program will be awarded to the outstanding international students with an award amounting to $75,000 and other several awards available. The program is intended for professional staff members who are motivated and wants to pursue their higher education and improve their career and personal goals. The fellowship will be awarded based on the applicant’s academic achievements, commitments to diversity, and professional achievements goal.
- Expose the fellow individual to different features of college initiative, organization, and administration.
- Aid the improvement of explicit activities and additionally college drives.
- Bear the cost of the individual expert advancement opportunities that will help them in their ongoing job and better position the individual for future jobs.
- Foster an initiative pipeline at the college.
About President Freeman
As NIU’s thirteenth President, Lisa C. Freeman attempts to help all parts of the college’s main goal, accentuating NIU’s getting through responsibilities to advancing the social versatility of our understudies, creating high-effect grants,s and drawing in with their district. She has a profound obligation to value and consider and endeavor to establish a learning climate where students, the workforce, and staff from many foundations feel appreciated and included. President Freeman likewise accepts that connections are assets, and looks persistently to reinforce NIU students’ amazing opportunities, productivity, and academic pursuits through essential associations.
Freeman procured a four-year college education in 1981, then a graduate degree and a specialist in veterinary medication in 1986, from Cornell College. She proceeded to procure a specialist of reasoning at The Ohio State College in 1989, and hence functioned as a postdoctoral individual and examination researcher at the College of Rochester Institute of Medication. From 2004-05, Freeman was an Individual of the American Board on Schooling facilitated by the University at Buffalo.
Scholarship Provider: The Northern Illinois University
About the Provider
The Nothern Illinois University is pleased to be home to a great many different students who make this grounds a local area. Huskies flourish here in a mindful climate where everyone can act naturally, make new information, have an effect, and get custom help to guarantee your prosperity.
NIU is focused on accomplishing the difficult work important to address foundational disparities and encourage a more comprehensive grounds culture, knowing that accomplishing a few objectives and results will require maintained, long-haul exertion, while different activities can prompt fast positive change.
NIU personnel, staff, and students are attempting to make and support a college local area where each Huskie feels esteemed and has the chance to flourish. These endeavors are steady with NIU’s main goal, vision, and values and directed by our essential activity arranging system. At NIU, scholarly greatness and development are the essences of their work. In this specific circumstance, they perceive variety as an element of greatness and a driver of development.
They need assorted encounters, viewpoints, and foundations to enhance the scholarly existence of their college’s local area, and they comprehend that accomplishing this will expect them to challenge long-held assumptions and customary designs. To this end, across NIU, there is solid interest in reconsidering, rethinking, and reproducing their undergrad and graduate educational plans to make them more significant, more comprehensive, more interdisciplinary, and more coordinated with one another. This work will propel their vision of advancing individual expert and scholarly development, and changing the world through research, creativity, education, and exceed.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Field: Leadership and Administrative
- Scholarship Awards: $75,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements.
Any full-time strong expert staff, steady proficient staff without rank, or working staff with no less than three years of administration obligations at NIU can be considered to act as the individual.
- Comprehension of the college vision, mission and values, key activity arranging structure, and the college objectives.
- Showed authority and capacity to deal with numerous undertakings/projects all the while.
- Capacity to work freely on significant level drives as well as to work successfully as a feature of a group.
- International students must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Capacity to work beyond ordinary business hours.
- Have a good academic background.
- This will be a full-time Fellowship and could require work beyond ordinary business hours. All candidates should get authorization from their managers to apply for the opportunity.
- The individual will get a $75,000 compensation or their ongoing compensation, whichever is higher. The compensation and all advantages will be paid for by the Office of the President. The unit from which the individual is chosen will hold the individual’s compensation in its financial plan to assist with dealing with the worker’s obligations during the association time frame.
The individual will partake in the full scope of exercises of the Office of the President. Activities will include:
- Administration and coordination of college-level drives.
- Aid the improvement of shared administration drives.
- Help plan and work with the Staff Proficient Improvement Foundation.
Cooperation in, and backing off, official occasions depending on the situation.
- Other initiatives opportunities and project the executives and obligations as allocated.
To be able to apply for the fellowship, the students must access the online portal provided by the university and complete all the necessary documents and information needed.
As part of the application process, the candidates must submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Letter of support from the supervisor
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 30, 2022. All late and incomplete applications will not be evaluated and will be automatically rejected.