The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) has been established by the Commonwealth government in partnership with Flinders University to provide financial assistance to indigenous students with the costs of accommodation and/or relocation that are associated with their studies at Flinders University.
This round is accessible to any student who is currently admitted to a degree program at Flinders. This includes students who tried to get in during an earlier round but were not successful.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The capacity to learn and grow professionally is highly valued at Flinders University. If Flinders wants to make more of an effect, he’ll have to put forth more effort. All necessary funds and materials are at their disposal. Flinders University, located in Australia, places a premium on student autonomy, interdisciplinary learning, and employment preparedness. The educational resources at Flinders University are among the most advanced in Australia. How consumers view markets can be revolutionized through innovative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit. We recognize the importance of your role in shaping Flinders University’s future. Graduates in Australia have several opportunities to pursue satisfying professions.
We aid our students in making the transition from student to working professional through our mentorship programs, capstone projects, and internships. The Asia-Pacific region’s number-forty-third best university is Flinders (THE World University Rankings 2020). Our ability to expand our global reach through partnerships with educational institutions across the world is contingent upon our continued engagement in the commercial and industrial sectors, as well as within our communities and the wider world.
A degree from Flinders University opens up a lot of doors for you. Flinders University partners with CISCO and BAE Systems to provide internship opportunities for students. Bedford Park, the location of Flinders University, is a scenic region close to the city’s best restaurants and nightlife as well as the city’s financial district and beaches. The Student Hub and Plaza are expected to cost around $63,000,000. There will be stylish restaurants, cool shops, and cutting-edge research facilities in Flinders Village. One of our most important goals here at Flinders University is to ensure the academic success of our students.
International programs help high school seniors make a smoother transition into university life at Flinders and Adelaide in Australia. From the time an international student first arrives until they graduate, they will find a warm welcome here. From our international students, we have heard nothing but praise for the excellence of our services in this area. As part of the 2020 Flinders Village project, our campus teaching hospital is relocating so that it may be closer to a brand-new train route and station. Everyone, from students to business owners, might benefit from reduced spending. The main campus of Flinders University is located in Bedford Park, some 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s central business district. Exquisite city and ocean vistas may be seen from the property.
There are lakes and native Australian greenery surrounding the modern buildings in this Australian environment. Flinders University’s location in Bedford Park provides both a beautiful and practical backdrop for learning. A home in Adelaide can be purchased for one of the lowest prices of any large city in the world. The city’s economy has flourished because to its numerous parks, rich cultural offerings, upscale food scene, and proximity to world-famous wineries (Global Liveability Study 2016). At Flinders University, we offer counseling and tutoring services to our students. The use of humor in the classroom has been shown to boost students’ motivation.
In addition to academic support and career counseling, students at Flinders University have access to a broad variety of resources, including as high-quality food and retail services, health and wellness resources, student subsidies, career and financial support, and a host of extracurricular activities. Connecting the main campus to the Tonsley innovation zone and the heart of Adelaide, the Flinders Train Station is scheduled to open in 2020. When completed, Flinders Village will house a wide range of businesses, from classroom and dormitory complexes to retail stores and eating and drinking places.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $7500
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The amount of annual funding provided by the Commonwealth government will serve as the determining factor for the availability of ICAS each year. Each scholarship will have a total value of $7,500 per year and will be handed out in two equal installments of $3,750.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Every applicant for a scholarship needs to:
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have ancestry that is Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a permanent home address in Inner or Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote Australia as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC); and Have relocated to undertake study as per section 2.10.15 of the Australian Education Act; and
- Scholarships will be made accessible to students who are just starting out as well as those who are already enrolled. Those who have already been granted an Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship have the option to submit a new application, but they will only be eligible for a maximum of eight payments overall.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration while choosing the recipients:
- The secluded location of the permanent house address
- Financial need
- Score required for entry into university (commencing students)
- GPA (continuing students) (continuing students)
- The candidate or candidates will be chosen in line with the procedures that have been approved by the Director of Student Administration, after consulting with the Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement.
The Flinders University 2023 Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply to Flinders University, please visit their website at stuadmin.flinders.edu.au.
- To be considered, applications must be received by the closing date and must be submitted electronically through the Flinders University Student System. Because your performance will be evaluated based on the information in the Student System, please check to be that all of your personal details are as up to date as possible.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2023 Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship is February 3, 2023.