The United States Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) Summer Internship invites undergraduate students interested in gaining experience and knowledge in research areas to be part of the prestigious worldwide program conducted in conjunction with NASA’s Johnson Space Center. The fully paid internship offers candidates to participate in professional development activities, these include conferences and workshops with high-level researchers.
The project promoted by the Lunar and Planetary Institute is based on the merit of the student. Its sole objective is to benefit and promote the capacities and abilities of professionals in various areas. It also encourages knowledge of careers related to space research.
By completing a successful internship process, you will be on an unmatched list of professionals who may be hired by organizations and government entities related to the area. This fully-funded award can give you that boost you need to move forward with an academic career of excellence.
Due to the situation recently registered by the COVID-19 pandemic, the LPI international internship in the USA can be carried out in two ways, face-to-face and virtual. Both have been prepared to offer excellent learning with the best professionals and academics from the Lunar and Planetary Institute and NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
NASA Johnson Space Center
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Lunar and Planetary Institute and NASA Johnson Space Center, United States.
Levels and areas of studies:
Summer Internship Funded in Space Research.
Who can participate?:
Undergraduate students from any nation on the globe.
The endowment of the scholarship:
The Lunar and Planetary Institute will provide the following prizes to the winning students:
- A stipend of $7,300 for the duration of the entire program (10 weeks).
- Travel and accommodation allowance under the stipend mentioned above.
Conditions that participants must meet:
- Be an international undergraduate student of excellent academic level.
- Have 50 semester credit hours to apply.
- Be trained in areas such as Physical and Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- A certificate of English proficiency, IELTS, or TOEFL is required. The applicant can present a certificate issued by a professor of the subject that guarantees that he has the necessary knowledge if he does not have the aforementioned.
- Submit a formal enrollment to a paid summer space research internship in the USA through the Lunar and Planetary Institute’s online entry system.
Instructions to apply:
Supporting data: Transcripts and academic records, curriculum, copies of passport, personal statement, three (3) letters of reference, certificate of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL or one issued by a teacher), application for admission, among others. Visit the official website of the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) to learn about each requirement to be a happy winner of a fully-funded summer internship in conjunction with NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
Until December 13, 2021.