The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University cultivates a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from around the world and guides them to collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing society.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applicant must be working towards a full-time Masters or PhD degrees in any subject offered at Stanford.
- Applicant can be from any country as long as they are working towards a Masters or a Ph.D.
- Each applicant must have confirmation that they are part of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program.
- Students must have earned, in January 2015 for 2022 – January 2016 for 2023 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
- All applicants will be looked at to see if they demonstrates mental sharpness and intellectual ability.
How to Apply
There are a few steps to follow to ensure each applicant has a successful time when applying:
- Students should start their online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements.
- Student should submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline.
- All applicants should update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars on each individual application page.
- Every applicant needs to prepare and submit all parts of their Stanford graduate degree program application by the deadline. Each applicant needs to visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees.
- Each applicant must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via the universities online application. They do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees, a stipend for living and academic expenses, and a travel grant.
- Each applicant that has received a fellowship, this will be applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees.
- Each applicant will receive a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
- Each applicant will receive a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Deadline & Annual
Application window opens on August 1, 2022, and then the application window will close on October 6, 2022, at 1:00 pm Pacific Time. This is an annual scholar scholarship that will reopen on August 1, 2023.