The Roothbert Fund awards grants for undergraduate and graduate study in the United States. It also works to build fellowship among current and former grant recipients.The Roothbert Fund, Inc. is a small, nearly all-volunteer scholarship fund based in New York City. It was founded in 1958 as a living memorial to the combined idealism of two people: Albert and Toni Roothbert, both of whom emigrated from Germany in the early 20th Century.
Eligibility & Requirements
- While the Fund does not emphasize any particular form of religious practice or worship, it seeks to provide support to persons motivated by spiritual values – you’ll have to write about your religious connection.
- Strong preference will be given to graduate students as well as undergraduates who have completed at least 1 year of study (i.e., sophomore or junior applicants).
- Preference will be given to those who can satisfy high scholastic requirements and are considering careers in education.
How to Apply
To successfully apply for a scholarship from the Roothbert Fund, applicants must submit the following materials:
- The Roothbert Fund Application Form
- A scanned copy of an official transcript from the applicant’s current or most recent institution.
- Three autobiographical essays
- Three letters of recommendation
Grants are typically $5,000 to $7,000 and may be renewed for subsequent years.
Deadline & Annual
Applications are currently closed. They will re-open the portal on November 1st, 2021, this is an annual grant/scholarship.