The University of Copenhagen Offers Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Biology, for successful national and international students. The academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Copenhagen is a public research university and institution of higher education in Denmark ranked 84th in the Times Higher Education ranking for 2021. The university is known for its excellent research and teaching.
Students at the University of Copenhagen have the opportunity to conduct research that broadens their perspectives and helps move the world forward and conduct their own research under supervision in order to improve the scientific basis for improving health and preventing and treating disease.
Scholarship level: Doctoral
Study Place: Denmark
Provider: University of Copenhagen
Application Deadline: 20/09/2021
- The scholarship offers a starting salary currently amounting to DKK 440,935, including an annual supplement (+ pension up to 75,399). Negotiation of a salary supplement is possible.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
- Eligible course or subjects: Ph.D. in structural biology
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry / Bioengineering / Biomedicine / Biology or a related field, have experience in DNA and chromosome biology, as well as methods in Molecular Biology.
- Applicants must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- To apply, interested candidates must be admitted to a post-doctorate at the University of Copenhagen. After registering, applicants can complete the online application form for this award.
- Students must present the following documents to the university: Curriculum vitae; Titles (Master’s and Doctorate or equivalent); Full list of publications
- To gain admission, applicant candidates must have a master’s degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, or any similar technical field with good results; Motivation letter; A summary of the results of his research career to date; CV with contact details of three references and a complete list of publications, if applicable; Certified copy of original Master of Science diploma and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in a language other than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted.
- Students are required to have good English skills, they must provide proof of proficiency.
- As a prerequisite for employment with a Ph.D. scholarship, your Master’s degree must be equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree.
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and Ph.D. degree or equivalent)
- Complete publication list
The deadline for applications is the 20th of September 2021, 23:59 GMT +1.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.