UNM offers a wide variety of scholarships for both New Mexico residents and non-residents, learn more about Scholarships at The University of New Mexico. The Western Undergraduate Exchange scholarship program enables students from select states to enroll at UNM for 150% of the enrolling institution’s resident tuition. Recipients of the WUE Plus are eligible for the New Mexico resident tuition rate.
Eligibility and Requirements
- If you have already submitted your application for admission (either online or by mailing a hard copy) and did not pay the associated application fee at the time you applied, you may use your credit card to pay your admission application fee online.
To be considered in the scholarship program simply fill out the new freshman section which contains:
Apply for admission as a freshman if:
- You have never attended college; or
- You are a graduating high school student with college credit earned through a dual enrollment program (regardless of the number of college credits earned); or
- You have completed less than 24 college credit hours since graduating from high school or earning your GED.
Admission applications are reviewed and decisions returned as quickly as possible once your application is complete. A complete application includes:
- Your submitted application.
- Official high school transcripts (and college transcripts if applicable).
- An application fee (or approved fee waiver).
Please note: Standardized scores (SAT or ACT) are not required to be considered for admission but may be helpful in some cases.
How to Apply
- Select your campus or application type.
- Click the button to the appropriate application.
- Begin the Application process.
Up to $66,000 in scholarship money and since this operates as a program you will receive this amount throughout each semester.
Deadline & Annual
Registration will open on August 17th, 2021. That’s when you can apply and send in your application. This is annual as well as Spring and Fall registrations will take place.