International Postgraduate Students at the University of Western Sydney who intend to enroll for the academic session 2023/2024 will have the opportunity to apply for one of many merit-based scholarships that will be made available by the university. Students of any nationality who are enrolled at the University of Western Sydney in one of its qualifying postgraduate programs are eligible to apply for one of the University of Western Sydney International Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024.
There is no need to submit a second application for a scholarship if you are applying from another country because all international applicants have already been taken into consideration for the university-funded scholarships. If applicants are accepted into the program and meet the requirements for receiving the scholarship, the specifics of the award will be disclosed in the Letter of Offer.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Originally called “Chalmersska Slojdeskolan” and established in 1829 in Gothenburg, Sweden, Chalmers University of Technology was established with the goal of providing access to higher education for economically disadvantaged youth. As a tribute to William Chalmers, one of its most vocal advocates, the area bears his name. The organization’s first president was Carl Palmstedt, an industrialist. They are officially recognized as a “Engaged University” by the Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial and Engaged Universities (ACEEU).
Some of its affiliated groups are the European University Association (EUA) and the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER). Presently, there are 13 specialized divisions at the school. Aside from the traditional academic departments, the university is home to a wide variety of interdisciplinary research centers, national competency centers, and other centers. There are two separate campuses of the university in Gothenburg, Sweden. The oldest and largest campus in Johannesburg is located in the heart of the city, in a neighborhood known as Johanneberg.
Construction, materials, and power are the main areas of interest. The Lindholmen campus can be found on Norra Alvstranden, north of the Gota River, in a rapidly developing and progressive section of town. There are many innovative companies in the areas of mobile communications, intelligent transportation, and digital media in this area. Excellent classroom, dormitory, and dining establishments, as well as support services, are available on both campuses. The university’s Department of Space, Earth, and Environment is home to the Onsala Space Observatory, which houses radio astronomy research equipment. The university provides postgraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of architecture, engineering, biology, chemistry, communication, science, material, physics, mathematics, space, management, mechanics, marine sciences, shipping, microtechnology, and nanoscience.
The university has almost 80 different countries represented among its 10,000 students and staff of 2744. There are collaborations with institutions such as the Swiss-based ETH Zurich, Ireland’s Trinity College, Italy’s Polytechnic University of Milan, Germany’s RWTH Aachen University, and the Netherlands’ Delft University of Technology. A wide range of student exchange and study abroad programs is made possible by these collaborations. The university supports its students’ pursuit of career goals and offers several promising employment options. Many famous people are among the university’s more than 60,000 alumni.
Dalen light and the AGA range were both developed by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Gustaf Dalen. BitTorrent, Spotify, and OpenTTD were all developed by Ludvig Strigeus, a famous programmer. Gert Wingardh, a prominent architect, runs the firm Wingardh arkitektkontor. Leif Johansson has served as the president and CEO of Volvo Group and Ericsson in addition to his current role as chairman of AstraZeneca plc. Linn Berggren is a former member of the popular music group Ace of Base, in which he gained widespread recognition. Popular author and expert in the field of computer science, Peter Nordin has made quite a name for himself. Jan Wareby is one of Ericsson’s top executives. Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees are all on the table at Chalmers University of Technology and Science in the realm of science and technology. Students at Chalmers acquire the critical thinking and problem-solving abilities necessary to become successful engineers. We encourage you to test the waters with your own original ideas since we respect your creativity and the worth of unrestrained thought. To foster communication and teamwork between students and faculty, we aim to create a laid-back environment with a flat organizational structure.
We must always keep in mind the importance of promoting equality, diversity, and sustainability in our actions. Through team-based projects, we help students put theory into practice as they work together to address real-world issues. Our close relationships with a variety of business and community organizations help us keep our curriculum grounded in real-world challenges and opportunities. Companies like Volvo, SKF, and AstraZeneca, as well as smaller regional businesses, have deep roots in Chalmers. Participate in study tours to relevant workplaces and hear from influential industry figures who will be giving guest lectures. There are about 40 different master’s degree programs to choose from, and they are all conducted in English. Our global focus draws students from more than 60 different countries, and helps us to train them for successful careers on a global scale.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Western Sydney University (UWS)
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $6,000
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Contribution of $6,000 each year toward the cost of tuition (up to a maximum two years)
- Applicants who meet the minimum enrollment criteria for any of the approved courses listed above will be eligible to receive the benefits.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements in order to be considered for the University of Western Sydney International Postgraduate Scholarships 2022:
- You must not be a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, or a permanent resident of Australia in order to be considered a student from another country. During the time you are enrolled in classes, the scholarship will be terminated if any of these conditions apply to you.
- To be eligible for one of Western Sydney University’s multi-year scholarships, applicants must have a finished tertiary qualification that is recognized by the university and have a grade point average that is high enough to meet the scholarship’s academic eligibility requirements.
- Complete all of the remaining requirements for admission, and then accept their offer of admission.
- The first semester of a brand-new academic program will begin in 2023.
The following actions disqualify applicants from consideration:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia; are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing program of study; do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer; come to the university as part of a study abroad or exchange program; do not start their program of study in the session and year indicated in their offer. If you do not turn in an application and/or acceptance form that is fully completed, the start date cannot be pushed back.
- are applying to study a postgraduate program that has a duration of less than one year are applying to study a program that is located at the Sydney City campus are applying to study a program that has been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing (Note: In the event of 80 credit points of advanced standing, the scholarships will apply to the reduced duration of the program after the advanced standing has been applied and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study st)
- There is no need to submit a second application for a scholarship if you are applying from another country because all international applicants have already been taken into consideration for the university-funded scholarships. If applicants are accepted into the program and meet the requirements for receiving the scholarship, the specifics of the award will be disclosed in the Letter of Offer.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Western Sydney University 2022 International Scholarships for Postgraduate Students is open to all International Students
- The University of Western Sydney International Postgraduate Scholarships do not require any sort of application from prospective students. Every fresh admissions application will immediately be taken into consideration for a scholarship if one is available. Should you be selected, the details of the scholarship opportunity will be included in the letter that conveys the admissions decision.
The application deadline for Western Sydney University 2022 International Scholarships for Postgraduate Students is open until scholarships are filled for the session.