In the academic year 2022–2023, the University of the Pacific will provide a single Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarship. Students who have been given either “Indefinite Leave to Remain” or “Discretionary Leave to Remain” by the home office are eligible to receive financial assistance in the form of a scholarship. The selection will take into consideration both the applicant’s merits as well as their financial situation.
About the Scholarship:
1838 saw the beginning of what would later become the University of Westminster, which was formerly known as the Royal Polytechnic Institute. It is widely regarded as one of the oldest and most prestigious educational establishments in the United Kingdom. The name “University of Westminster,” which literally translates to “University of the Royal Court,” was bestowed upon the educational institution in the year 1992. While Dr. Peter Bonfield OBE serves as the current Vice-Chancellor, the current Chancellor of the institution is Lady Frances Sorrell. The primary campus of the institution may be found on Regent Street, which is situated in the middle of Central London. Additionally, it possesses three additional campuses that may be found in the neighborhoods of Fitzrovia, Harrow, and Marylebone, respectively. The university has partnerships with a variety of organizations, such as the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Association of MBAs, as well as EQUIS and the European Foundation for Management Development, Universities UK, and the European University Association. The
University of Westminster is organized into a number of different divisions, some of which include three colleges, twelve schools, and sixty-five departments and research institutes. The institution provides undergraduate courses, graduate courses (there are 231 of them), professional and short courses (there are 99 of each), and UG courses. These classes can be taken either on a full-time or part-time basis, or through open enrollment or remote learning. The university received a combined total of 22 million pounds in revenue from research grants, awards, and contracts. The university has a history of producing notable graduates, such as the architects Sir Thomas Bennett and Fougasse and the animator John Ryan. Other notable alumni include well-known authors like Mary Jo Bang and David Gascoyne, prominent businesspeople like Sinclair Beecham, Julian Metcalfe, and Robert Bellinger, and prominent entertainers like Charlie Brooker, Asif Kaoadia, and Tej Lalvani. Sir George Cayley, often regarded as the “Father of Aeronautical Engineering,” Charles Algernon Parsons, an engineer and pioneer of the steam turbine, and Tom Ang, a BBC television presenter, are only some of the most well-known academic members at the university. Political theorist Chantal Mouffe, key modernist figure and poet Ezra Pound, and political theorist Jean Seaton were all in attendance (professor of media history and historian of the BBC). The university’s dorms are the largest in the nation, with a total of 1750 beds scattered across six separate buildings, making them the only ones of their kind. In the event that a student is unable to locate residence in one of the university’s hostels, the institution is able to assist them in locating private accommodations. The transportation system operated by the university serves as a connection between all of the living halls and the school.
Although there are a number of different awards that can be won by students, the University of Westminster does not provide any scholarships to its students. There are a number of notable prizes that can be won, some of which include the Brittan Scholarship, the Brian Large Bursary Fund, and the Westheimer Health and Social Care Scholarship. Your time spent learning at Westminster will unquestionably be one of the most formative experiences of your life, on both a personal and a professional level. You will have the chance to participate in a diverse array of social, athletic, and cultural activities during your time spent studying in another country. You will also be able to further your academic development and make friends with students from a variety of countries. They offer an international student welcome program, English language support, an international student support team that is both friendly and professional, and a wide variety of additional activities that can help you develop during your studies and give you a sense of belonging no matter where you are from. All of these things can help international students feel more at home in their new environment. If you want to be the first to see something, London is the place to be. London is the place to be for everything from business and banking to fashion, art, music, and film. If you choose to attend Westminster University, you will find that your classroom goes well beyond the boundaries of the university itself, and that you will have access to everything that the city of London has to offer just outside your front door.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Westminster
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £6,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Waiver of all tuition and fees, as well as a contribution of £6,000 per year toward living expenses, up to a maximum of three years.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
The following requirements must be met by the students:
- You are need to have an offer for a full-time undergraduate course starting in September 2022 at the University of Westminster.
- You must be presently based in the United Kingdom.
- When you first enroll in your degree program, you must be younger than 25 years old.
- You must have been given Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) by the Home Office; this must be the sole reason why you do not qualify for student finance or home fee status. If you do not meet these requirements, the Home Office will not award you ILR or DLR. In order to qualify for ILR status, applicants must have been living in the UK for a period of less than three years.
- Remember that there is only one scholarship available. Thank you for your cooperation. Even if you meet all of the requirements for eligibility, there is no assurance that you will be given an award.
- An awarding panel will review all applications that meet the criteria for the prize. The members of the panel are aware of the fact that applicants will bring a diverse collection of capabilities, characteristics, and experiences to the table; consequently, they will give equal consideration to the applicant’s academic record, personal circumstances, and their responses to the questions posed in the application form
- Three weeks after the application deadline, the results of each candidate’s application will be sent to them individually.
Pakistan’s Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Loughborough University have teamed up to provide the Higher Education Commission Pakistan Scholarship to ten exceptional PhD candidates.
The University of Westminster 2022 Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarshipis open to all International Students
- Please email your completed application form along with any supporting documentation as pdf attachments to [email protected]. Thank you!
- You are only allowed to send in a single email that contains your application as well as all of the necessary attachments. Your eight-digit Westminster Reference number and the complete name of the scholarship for which you are applying should be included in the heading of the email you send. Once we have received your application, you will no longer be able to make any changes to it.
The application deadline for University of Westminster 2022 Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarship is July 1, 2022