Loughborough University in partnership with the Higher Education Commission Pakistan is proud to offer the Higher Education Commission Pakistan Scholarship for ten outstanding Ph.D. students who can demonstrate their academic achievements and willingness to undertake their research and higher education in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship aims to motivate Pakistan citizens to further their education and be one of the leaders who can contribute to the community and achieve their career and personal goals. Scholarship makes an important role in every student’s life to become professional and further their education without financial barriers.
Annually student’s expenses rise and some students are struggling to continue their education due to the financial issues and family-related issues that they may be facing, Loughborough University understands how every student in every country struggles to find a way to further their higher education, for the academic year of 2022-2023, the university offers the Pakistan Scholarship that will be awarding ten Pakistan Ph.D. students with fully-funded tuition fee and maintenance allowance to better focus on their studies and escape through the financial barriers they face.
In return, Pakistan students are required to show their leadership skills, and academic excellence, motivate other students and be one of the ambassadors for the 2023 Pakistan Scholarship. The Overseas Pakistan Scholarship will be cover the tuition fee and students allowance for 36 months.
Scholarship Provider: Loughborough University
About the Provider
Loughborough University takes pride in offering an exceptional experience and forming a community that every student can be proud of.
Loughborough University is a public research university located in the commercial town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, England. Although it has been a college since 1966, it dates back to 1909 when Loughborough Technical Institute began to focus on technology that could be used directly around the world. It ranks in the top 7 of all UK university and college competitions in the region. This was determined by over 41,000 students reviewed by over 150 colleges.
Loughborough University has a thriving student body and a beautiful campus. Their school is an excellent school and sports venue and has green space. A beautiful 440-acre school you can call home and a thriving learning community that continues to push the boundaries of performance.
What makes the University stand out
- The University’s highly experienced students provide opportunities for all students who need to reach their full potential. Industry connections enhance these opportunities by providing students with access to the environment. It also creates the backbone of the vision that helps companies innovate, evolve and improve their operations.
- Their way of providing specialist knowledge to students and providing the highest standards of teaching and learning is very simple. They put the students at the center of everything we do. The positive impact of this approach was on the results of the 2019 National Student Survey, and Loughborough was considered the best school in the UK.
- Relevant research will generate works that are fully driven by society’s needs for real-life issue solutions and give cutting-edge and relevant solutions.
- Their student body is one of the best in the country and one of the most student-owned and managed integrations.
- The university’s reputation for excellence in athletics – including excellence, workplace, professionalism, and collaboration – recognizes its mission as a college of excellence.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Pakistan
- Degree Level: Ph.D. Degree
- Field: Any eligible research field offered by Loughborough University
- Number of Awards: Ten
- Duration: 36 months
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee and Maintenance Allowance
- Commencement Year: 2022
Interested students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship before proceeding with the application.
- Must be a Pakistan Citizen
- May be able to apply to any of the academic research and discipline at Loughborough University.
- Must be applying for the Ph.D. degree as a full-time student.
- Must be able to meet the academic standards and English Langauge requirements for the Ph.D. degree program at the university.
- You must be a pre-selected candidate by HEC for the study abroad scholarship program. Visit the HEC website for more information.
- All other regulations established by HEC must be followed. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The international admissions rules set out for your country/region should be used as a rough guide to many of the international qualifications that Loughborough University generally accepts.
Pakistan candidates must have a minimum GPA of at least 3.0 or equivalent to the university’s grading system.
English Language Requirements
The College’s IELTS English proficiency requirement is 6.5 overall and 6.0 in all sections (Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking). Some schools/offices may require higher English proficiency than required. The necessary rules will be sent to you in a communication request.
For the Ph.D. degree level, departments may require a higher level of English proficiency due to the research involved. If necessary, details will be included in the request. The English proficiency test has been administered for the past two years. If the school qualification is used to meet English language proficiency, it must be obtained within the last 10 years. Proof of continuous use of English over a period of time, whether at work or elsewhere, can be taken as proof of proficiency in English over ten years of qualification.
- You must apply for a Ph.D. From Loughborough University (in the Financial Aid section of the application you should indicate that you are applying for the position and add the adjective HEC as shown in the figure below)
- If you qualify for the scholarship offer the university will be providing an offer letter.
- Recommendations from Loughborough University should be submitted to HEC for consideration.
The Loughborough University in partnership with the Higher Education Commission HEC Pakistan will jointly cover the ten successful students’ tuition fees for up to 36 months of a study in the UK.
HEC Pakistan will be providing the International Airfare and Living allowance for the scholars.
The application for the scholarship is still open until further notice, students are encouraged to apply early as possible for the evaluation of the application.