The $6,000 Don B. Daily Safety Steel Intern Scholarship provides an opportunity for North American university students studying safety and health to submit an application for a scholarship preceded by a paid summer internship within the steel manufacturing industry.
Institutions where will carry out the studies:
Accredited universities and colleges in North America.
Who can participate?:
- Students must be enrolled in a safety engineering major.
- Applications will be accepted from current university students in their freshmen, sophomore, and junior years.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited North American university.
- The applicant should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Application, essay, and recommendation letters should express a strong interest in safety in the steel manufacturing industry.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a NAFTA country (USA, Canada, Mexico).
Levels and areas of study:
Instructions to apply:
- A current résumé with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- An essay, not to exceed two pages in length, citing professional goals, explaining why the student is interested in a career in industrial safety, and discussing how his/her skills could be applied to enhance the steel industry.
- Letters of recommendation from a university professor or academic advisor familiar with the candidate’s work and interest in the steel industry (minimum of two) and from an employer (optional, but recommended if the student has relevant industry work experience). Endorsement letters should be made to the attention of the Don B. Daily Scholarship Committee. Letters must be submitted directly to email@example.com.
- A current academic transcript or other official documentation of academic standing and performance from a university.
- Applications will be evaluated and scored as follows: Steel Industry Interest: 35%; Grades: 20%; Recommendation Letters: 30%; Extra-Curricular Activities: 15%.
Here is the site to apply: https://www.aist.org/students-faculty/scholarships/don-b-daily-safety-steel-intern-scholarship/application