The earnings of Black women working in STEM fields are, on average, 45 percent lower than those of their counterparts with the highest-paying jobs. BestColleges is dedicated to removing obstacles for students from underserved communities who aspire to have professions in the industries with the highest levels of competition. This year, we will be awarding five scholarships, each worth $6,000, to African American women who are actively pursuing jobs in the STEM fields.
About the Scholarship Provider:
BestColleges is the most reputable education marketplace in the world, serving as a reliable resource for millions of students. We publish thousands of college rankings, guidelines, job outlooks, and tales in an effort to reduce the burden associated with selecting a degree program. Our collaboration with more than 200 educational institutions makes the application procedure much simpler for students who are already well on their way to becoming enrolled.
We have compiled a database of educational institutions with the goal of assisting students and their families in gaining a better understanding of the higher education opportunities that are available to them based on the results of student surveys, faculty surveys, independent research, ranking systems, and the input of highly trustworthy and authoritative sources.
We work together with other groups that have the same core beliefs as ourselves. Because of these collaborations, we are able to align ourselves with organizations that provide assistance and advocacy for varied population groups. No matter what path they take to get there, it is our mission to assist students in realizing their ambitions.
Because of our knowledge, students from all across the country are able to get a head start on their higher education. BestColleges is recognized as an authority in the field and is regarded as a reliable source of information that is fact-based and up to date. Our research is frequently picked up by prominent news sites, and our specialists are frequently asked to present at events that are related to their field.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): BestColleges
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: $6,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- We are providing a total of $30,000 in the form of five scholarships, each of which is worth $6,000. We are of the opinion that one of the most important things that can be done to break down barriers and close the gap in STEM disciplines is to offer financial help and support to Black women who are working in those industries.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Only people who are currently domiciled in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible to participate in this scholarship competition.
- You are required to have the intention of enrolling in, or already be enrolled in, an undergraduate or graduate program at an approved institution or university in the United States during the academic year 2023–2024.
- You have to be at least 17 years old to participate.
- This award is available to women of African descent who self-identify as either cisgender, transgender, or gender non-conforming and who are majoring or planning to major in an area connected to STEM.
The BestColleges Scholarship for Black Women in STEM is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Limit one entry per person. The Scholarship Competition will get underway at 12:01 am Eastern Standard Time on May 12th, 2023. The deadline for submission of all entries is September 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Write an original essay of no more than 500 words in which you explain why you want to get a degree in one of the STEM fields or how you will make a difference in the world through one of the STEM careers you are considering.
- Essays must:
- must be completely original to you, as well as never having been published or entered into any other competition, giveaway, or campaign.
- It must not be offensive, obscene, defamatory, or illegal, and it must be appropriate for public audiences.
- Not include any information that might be used to individually identify any person other than yourself, and not infringe the rights of any other person or any legislation that may be relevant.
- Put in your application using the form that’s available online.
The application deadline for the BestColleges Scholarship for Black Women in STEM is September 30, 2023.