Applications are invited for Brain O’Connell (BOC) Partial funding for the completion of the master’s degrees at a Nordic SANORD member institution. Successful students will be required to spend 3 to 5 months at a Nordic, (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, or Denmark) SANORD member institution. Applicants must be enrolled for mainly Master’s degrees at a SANORD member, Southern African institution, and must be willing to enhance their knowledge in order to make a contribution toward the development of Southern Africa.
- Enrolled for mainly Master’s degrees at a SANORD member, Southern African institution.
- Must be willing to enhance their knowledge in order to make a contribution toward the development of Southern Africa.
- Must be committed to returning to the home institution to graduate.
- The applicant must liaise with the SANORD Coordinator at the host university and provide written communication of acceptance from a host university.
- Must provide a letter of support from the home supervisor and the relevant Dean of the faculty.
- Must, in return connect with the home institution to share experiences gained.
- Letter of Approval.
- Letter of Invitation.
- Bring a detailed study plan or criteria.
- A highly detailed step-by-step letter of motivation.
- An accredited transcript of study records.
- A valid passport that will not expire within six months and with sufficient pages.
How to Apply
The WORD or PDF document provided will help with applying. Applicants will have to submit their CV as well.
Successful students will be required to spend 3 to 5 months at a Nordic, (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, or Denmark) SANORD member institution in order to engage in activities that will support the completion of the student’s Master’s degree.
The BOC Scholarship makes provision for PARTIAL scholarship funding of R84 000 per applicant. Qualifying Master’s students who are registered at a SANORD member institution of higher education in the Southern African region are eligible to apply.
The due date for applications – 15 August 2021. Announcement date – 30 September 2021.
This is an annual scholarship.