Students attending the Law School at Victoria University of Wellington who are interested in enrolling in the Bachelor of Law program are eligible for the Law School Leaver Scholarships. The Victoria University of Wellington awards its scholarship awardees with either a two-part stipend or a donation toward the cost of living in a university resident hall. Applicants who can provide evidence of a significant financial need will be given priority consideration.
The Law School Leaver Scholarships offered by Victoria University of Wellington equip New Zealand’s most promising high school seniors with the means necessary to continue their education at an accredited university. A scholarship program has been established to ensure that the University’s Faculty of Law continues to recruit students with the highest level of skill and that its student body is an authentic reflection of the multicultural community in New Zealand.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The first students enrolled at the school that would become Victoria University in 1897. Kelburn, in the greater Wellington area, is where the majority of students and faculty live and work. About two kilometers (1.2 miles) from the heart of the city is a district known as Kelburn. There are several architecture and design schools inside the city borders, in addition to the Law Faculty, which is part of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration. Faculty of Commerce and Administration includes the Law Faculty.
Joining a student group in New Zealand is a great opportunity to become involved with other students and the campus community. Kelburn University is the largest and most prestigious university in New Zealand. Pipitea Campus is the official name for the second location. Because of its proximity to the capital, it serves as the nerve center for New Zealand’s governmental, judicial, and financial systems. Te Aro is the third and largest of the university’s campuses, and it is also where you’ll find the School of Design and Architecture, among other departments. It’s worth noting that the heart of Auckland’s business center is home to Victoria University. This is an important factor to think about.
If you’re thinking about furthering your education after this course, a bachelor’s degree is something to keep in mind for the future after you graduate. Roughly a thousand dedicated teachers that only want what’s best for their children work there. Victoria University is a wonderful choice for students interested in gaining hands-on experience in their field of study because it is home to more than forty different research groups and centers. Numerous worldwide rankings consistently give both the neighborhood surrounding the institution and the university itself excellent grades. This demonstrates that it appreciates a wide variety of styles. Some of the day’s most enjoyable options are available right in the center. Most students don’t waste time commuting to and from campus because the university is conveniently located near several major thoroughfares. It’s incredible that so many famous people choose to get their degrees from Victoria University. Many people will recognize the names Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Professor Alexander Gerst.
Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand is the most prolific academic institution due to its extensive research efforts. About forty laboratories of varying sizes and sorts are available to students. Research projects, site visits, and internships are all great ways for students to develop their analytical and problem-solving skills. There are already more than 170 distinct majors available to students at this university, so these are only extra choices.
Our campus’ marae (Mori meeting house and gardens; tikanga Mori) is called Te Herenga Waka, and it is a beautiful representation of our commitment to tikanga Mori. If any members of the student’s “whnau,” the Maori word for family, can attend the celebration, they will be warmly welcomed. The restoration of a marae as part of the university’s Living P project is an admirable effort that, if successful, would foster more respect for indigenous cultures and their customs. The marae is being updated as part of the project. The Living P is a community-run social experiment with the ultimate aim of making the planet a more peaceful, equitable, and sustainable place for all inhabitants. University of Wellington faculty and students can benefit from the institution’s location close to New Zealand’s governmental, cultural, economic, and scientific institutions.
New Zealand’s judicial and legislative centers are both located in close proximity to the University of Auckland’s Kelburn campus. Wellington, the second-smallest city in New Zealand, is yet home to numerous museums, galleries, and other cultural centers. The government of New Zealand is based in Wellington. Major contributors to the city’s favorable reputation include its residents’ well-earned reputations for friendliness, kindness, and openness to new experiences. During their time at this school, students are strongly encouraged to develop admirable virtues including compassion, fairness, responsibility, and charity. Our company places the utmost value on these principles. We have committed to ensuring that these principles are followed because they align with our values of sustainability, social responsibility, community participation, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency. The school’s emphasis on students’ mental and emotional growth is indicative of its commitment to its guiding values. The friendly faculty and staff are always available to answer international students’ queries and address their problems. That’s why it’s so important to the faculty and administration at Victoria University of Wellington that their students learn how to establish and sustain meaningful relationships with people from all walks of life.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- This award is for a total of $5,000, to be distributed as follows: $2,500 per year for each of two years. This will either be offered as a stipend to be used toward housing expenses at a hall of residence at the Victoria University of Wellington or as a direct payment to the hall of residence. Either way, it will be delivered. Those who are accepted into the second year of law school and enroll in at least two LAW classes at the 200 level or higher are eligible for the second $2,500 scholarship.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants are required to hold either the NCEA Level 2 Certificate with a recommendation of Merit or another certificate that is equivalent to this standard. The Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) give students the opportunity to acquire grades that are comparable to a UCAS tariff score of 170 in no more than four disciplines. When the results of the International Baccalaureate exam are released in January, the comparable grade will be 31.
- To be eligible for consideration for this award, a candidate must have earned a minimum of 25 credits at the NCEA Level 3 level and maintained a Merit or Excellence average.
- To be eligible for this position, applicants must either have New Zealand ancestry or be permanent residents who have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
- These grants are available to incoming first-year students who have been admitted into the Bachelor of Laws program at the Law School. Applicants are required to have a Level 2 NCEA Certificate (or their country’s equivalent) that is endorsed with the Merit designation. Preference will be given to applicants who can present the most compelling proof of a significant financial need. To be eligible for this position, applicants must either have New Zealand ancestry or be permanent residents who have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
- The decision will be made by a group of knowledgeable individuals from the Faculty of Law at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Information that must be included on a Resume
- A copy of your resume or CV
- Applicants are obligated to provide any requested information regarding their personal finances within the online application.
- In order to complete the online application procedure, a referral from the school principal or their designee is required.
- Include a one-page essay in which you describe why you want to study law at Victoria University of Wellington, what you aim to accomplish in the future, and why you should be granted the scholarship. Also, include why you should be awarded the scholarship. It is essential that you discuss your extracurricular activities as well as any positions of leadership that you have held in the past. Please tell me about yourself and the events that led to the current financial dilemma you find yourself in. It is entirely within our legal rights to request additional information if we feel that we require it.
- A transcript from my senior year of high school
The Victoria University of Wellington 2024 Law School Leaver Scholarships, New Zealand is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you eager to learn more? To make an application for a scholarship through Victoria University of Wellington’s online system, go to the wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com website.
- On the day that the application deadline arrives, we will only consider online applications that are full and submitted before 4:30 p.m. Applications that are received after the deadline or those that are missing required information will not be considered. In order to be taken into consideration, the references and application documents must be sent no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The application deadline for the Victoria University of Wellington 2024 Law School Leaver Scholarships, New Zealand is September 1, 2023.